WARFARE MINIATURES PAINTING COMPETITION

Information related to WARFARE MINIATURES releases, future releases, range development, painting, figure usage, conversions

Re: WARFARE MINIATURES PAINTING COMPETITION

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:34 am

Ginger,

Click on this link...

http://www.leagueofaugsburg.com/fightin ... 33&start=0

Goto my post just past the two cavalry photos.
It explain's how to upload your photo's onto the forum.

Simple's...

Ray.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:32 am

Anyone painted anything yet????

Don't be shy, I'd really love to see them..

I have been very busy, 6 new units to show off over the next few days.

Funen Regiment (Danish)
Garden til Fods (Danish)
Earl of Antrim's Regt (Irish)
Irish recruits
James's Footguards (on hexes)
Celle Regiment (Brunswick)

Not all painted by me incidentally, I've only managed 4 of the above.

Hope to have pics of Bob Talbot's French and Coldstream Guards too!

Come on, get those brushes working, I thought wargamers loved free stuff!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
john_de_courcy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by john_de_courcy » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi Barry, I am painting my Brandenburg unit and was using this as motivation. Not that my painting is all that good it just was a good way to give myself a deadline and a break from painting WW2 minis. Still if only a few enter it obviously increases my odds of getting some free stuff :wink:
EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by EvilGinger » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:10 pm

I have painted most of my French Militia the first company of the Parish of St Mary's levy. Various shades of silver to pale brownish grey coats with undyed wool turn backs over assorted civilian waist coats knee britches and stockings topped off with a selection of floppy hats mostly black or grey felt with white hat bands but no lace. Some of the members wear blue turn backs & waistcoats mostly the officers and wealthier parishioners as blue is the colour of St Mary and the company standard is that of a blue field with a white cross in the top quadrant next to the staff for the same reason. Buttons are silver for the officers & those that have blue turn backs and wood or brass for the rest.

The Warfare miniatures compliment consists of a firing line of thirty Musketeers five pike men a drummer ensign and two officers and two sergeants

I am at present finishing off the pike men & thinking what to do about the bases which are at present pennies covered with building sand painted earth brown.

Pictures to follow.

:evil: Ginger
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:17 am

barr7430 wrote:Anyone painted anything yet????

Don't be shy, I'd really love to see them..

I have been very busy, 6 new units to show off over the next few days.
Post the pictures!
With Gen'l Custer Down in Mexico: Yes, one of the goals is to see how many times one can get him killed.
flick40
Major General
Major General

Post by flick40 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:26 am

I have my layout planned and the figures primed.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:03 pm

Will do Rob. What's holding me back is the flags. I usually do them in batches and so I have based the units but not flagged them yet but new stuff on the way for the gallery very soon.
Very pleased with my Jacobite recruits... something very different and with a direct link to some rule additions to BLB :wink:

Henry Ford
flick40
Major General
Major General

Post by flick40 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:43 pm

OK so here is a taste of the unit I am doing. An Esercito Pontifico Fanteria or Papal State Infantry Regiment. I have no idea what the regiments name is nor flag details but their uniform is colorful.

Joe
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:45 pm

Interesting Joe. Is the coat pink? Whose side were they on? The Grand Alliance I presume?

Henry Ford
flick40
Major General
Major General

Post by flick40 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:51 am

I Found on Vinkhuijzen collection under Italy. What side? hmm

history after 1700, Pope Clement XI

Soon after his accession, the War of Spanish Succession broke out. Despite initially holding an ambiguous neutrality, Clement was later forced to name Charles, Archduke of Austria, as King of Spain, since the imperial army had conquered much of northern Italy and was threatening Rome itself (January 1709).

An another brief history prior to 1700

Pope Innocent X's (reigned 1644–1655) denunciation in 1650 of Emperor Ferdinand III (ruled 1637–1657) for agreeing to the Treaty of Westphalia (1648) weakened the legal and moral authority of the papacy. So politically powerless had the papacy become that when Innocent XI excommunicated Louis XIV and his ministers in 1688 for their support of the Gallican Articles, he did so secretly, and Innocent XII reconciled with the king in 1693 by granting him many concessions. Fear of alienating the Spanish prevented the papacy from having diplomatic relations with Portugal under the Braganza king John IV (ruled 1640–1656), thus leaving vacant many dioceses there. Clement XI's (reigned 1700–1721) flip-flops between 1700 and 1709 in supporting rival claimants to the Spanish throne alienated both the Bourbons and Habsburgs and led the great powers to ignore papal wishes.

This unit has a 1689 date on the plate thus under Pope Innocent XII. So for actually fighting on a side? :lol: They definitely weren't the powerhouse they were in the middle ages.

Sorry for the hijack :) and if anyone has information to the unit name or flag that would be great.
Last edited by flick40 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:54 am

That is going to make for a really interesting unit... very San Francisco 1969 as opposed to San Paulo 1689! :wink:

Henry Ford
john_de_courcy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by john_de_courcy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:53 pm

I actually just read through the thread and saw a note that the entry date had been extended as apparently two months wasn't enough time for some people :wink:

It might have been an idea to note the change on the first post but anyhow I took some photos today as the light was good and I thought it had to be done for tomorrow. No doubt if i had have known I could have waited til November I would have just started later so it was good to at least believe there was some pressure to work under and get to finish a unit off!

I am painting pikemen for the unit. I will maybe add other photos later with them.
I assume entries are just added to this thread as opposed to a new thread per entry, so anyhow, here is my entry and first ever Beneath the Lily Banners unit..

Brandenburg Regiment (Prince Albrecht), circa 1690

Front photo

Back photo

barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:07 pm

Congrats as the first poster! And, a very fine unit indeed! Love the basing too..
I am sure there will be plenty of feedback on this..

cheers

B

Henry Ford
flick40
Major General
Major General

Post by flick40 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:51 pm

Here is the tentative layout for the command stand. Still a WIP, need touchups and flocking of the base once I decide on a final layout. Working on the pike stand and then the left stand to paint.

EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by EvilGinger » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:34 pm

This is the first picture of my French Militia from my Blog the actual entry will be a better picture or rather set of pictures.

My first try at a better picture

Again I need to work on the photography & get the camera sorted as the flash is stuck on at the moment

:evil: Ginger