Pikes how long

Information related to WARFARE MINIATURES releases, future releases, range development, painting, figure usage, conversions
EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Pikes how long

Post by EvilGinger » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:58 pm

Not in real life but on the figures as I have just got the beginnings of my next batch of Warfare pikemen as I finish for now my wanderings in the age of Arthur.

I had previously used what I had to hand for my French militia & they where I think 60mm & looked all right if a bit short but they are supposed to be Militia & I used the standing figures which have them grounded & a few Dixon levy types which have them forward as if receiving so I though that might be it. I got a pack of 100mm ones at Triples for the real pike men & they look huge uncut am I worrying unnecessary or are they too long indeed how long do you do yours gentlemen of the forum?

to scale assuming 28mm foot to eye is about 5' a 100mm pike would be 16-17 feet approximately which is not far out the lengths I get form the references I dont think it helps that the new batch are the advancing poses who are carrying them at waist height. I need your advice before I do the other three packs....

:evil: Ginger