WARFARE PRIVATE COMMISSIONS - WHAT INTERESTS YOU?

Information related to WARFARE MINIATURES releases, future releases, range development, painting, figure usage, conversions

What codes might you invest in/buy if available

You may select up to 10 options

View results
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WARFARE PRIVATE COMMISSIONS - WHAT INTERESTS YOU?

Post by barr7430 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:34 pm

Simon,

if we go to cavalry in tricornes I will probably get some slightly different posed sculpts but it is not off the agenda!

Incidentally, all the outstandinf stock arrived this lunchtime so all outstanding cavalry orders are now complete and will ship Monday morning! Sorry about the wait but the casters turned round the extra order in very quick time.. well done them!

Cheers
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Rob Herrick
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Rob Herrick » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:33 am

What about Spanish dragoons?

As far as I can tell, nobody makes the mitre helmet that Spanish Dragoons wore, except possibly Essex. That may be more of a need for the WSS in Spain, but they might also be needed for Grand Alliance battles in the Spanish Netherlands as well.
With Gen'l Custer Down in Mexico: Yes, one of the goals is to see how many times one can get him killed.
Rohan Wilmott
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Post by Rohan Wilmott » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:07 am

Hello Barry,

I wonder if you would consider weapon packs? Initially I would like to buy additional swords in scabbards (those already sculpted) to use in conversions. Then later perhaps stands of matchlocks & muskets, and even individual pieces of the same.

Another suggestion for a "set" - an armoured breach storming party. These could be used as a stand in BLB, and be very useful as individuals with your proposed small scale set of rules. A sabot base could allow both options. These chappies could be used in many settings & conflicts.

The excellent drawing on p132 (plate 30) in Michael McNally's "The Battle of Aughrim 1691" should be great inspiration.

Kjeld Galster also references these in the storming of Athlone on p182 of his "Danish Troops in the Williamite Army in Ireland 1689 - 91" (an excellent book) in a letter by Lt-Col Munchgaard - viz. "The assault would be spearheaded by 25 grenadiers in armour, then 50 without,...and finally workers with sledgehammers, axes and shovels..."
from Barry - if we go to cavalry in tricornes I will probably get some slightly different posed sculpts but it is not off the agenda!
Excellent- mixed with the current mounted types, this should provide visually splendid units for the slightly later periods/theatres.

Cheers, Rohan.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:30 am

In case anyone thought this thread was dead or forgotten about, far from it. I have been letting the poll gestate to get some balance in the voting. What is clear is that 3 areas are nosing out in front of the rest:

1. GA unvailable types
2. French unavailable types
3. GNW

What is good to add to the mix is:

1 & 2 are (with a couple of exceptions) a core target area for Warfare anyway.

This means that although I may engage with some of you folks on very specifici codes requested, the general need is likely to be satisfied via the Warfare production and dvelopment schedule.

This means the third option could get rapid and sharp focus... GNW could get rapid and sharp focus. I have already discussed a draft plan with our sculptor to get the widest variety of codes to market fastest. We can begin to take the financial discussions offline or in a restricted part of the forum open to all financially interested parties.

Hope this update is helpful.

Henry Ford
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:49 am

barr7430 wrote: .......
This means the third option could get rapid and sharp focus... GNW could get rapid and sharp focus. I have already discussed a draft plan with our sculptor to get the widest variety of codes to market fastest. We can begin to take the financial discussions offline or in a restricted part of the forum open to all financially interested parties.

Dear Barry,

According to the above and understanding the sequence of interests I would like to list a few details for future GNW troops.
At first the Infantry:
Grenadiers of Saxony, Russia and Sweden didn't have the lace as Western Style uniforms had. Most of them would have High Mitres with some Low ones.
Officers tended to wear less decorated uniforms as in the West. They would have more looked like the common troopers.
I am only sure about the Saxons that the buttons on the pockets would have been 3 instead of 4. Here is a pic from Dan Schorr (EDIT)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-eQyINrtWMko/T ... +inf+1.jpg
Cavalry is, as long as I dont have models in hand, not discussable. Maybe Barry or Clibinarum do spot some details on this picture (Dan Schorr)EDIT
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RfXnGaVoI1E/T ... ons+-1.jpg

That's all for now. More to follow
Best Wishes,
Günter
Last edited by Friedrich August I. on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:14 am

thank you Gunter. The Dragoon uniforms looked pretty conventional in the plate apart from the appearance of the mitre.
The infantry plates were interesting... some small but notable differences.

Just to keep everyone up to date on what is happening:

This idea is far from dead. In fact, I will shortly have something requested via the Poll to show as a 'test' which I have funded unilaterally.
My main focus over the last couple of months has been getting the cuirassier options market ready. This is a fairly significant investment in terms of money and time, not least for the designer and the manufacturers. 5 master moulds perhaps 22 production moulds and lots of test casting. We are almost there now and some pre production examples can be seen in the Gallery.

I think these already fulfil part of the brief indicated by the thread... A popular choice on the Poll is ' Unavailable GA types'.. the cuirassier variations do break new ground I believe by offering a breadth and depth of variants unavailable up until now.

The Poll result is now what I would call balanced as the number of votes has evened out and spikes and created a better picture of what gamers are looking for.

As our sculptor is currently very busy with several more new models the chances of fulfilling some of the wishes expressed increases by the week.

Warfare Miniatures has reached a stage in its evolution that I can afford to take a couple of calculated risks.. which I intend to do!

Also, the next step in the 'subscription' funding of the poll list can move on and new lines of releases can begin. I know that those of you who have expressed initial interest in being part of this are still interested, so as the Autumn rolls forward this thread will reactivate and progress can be more obvious.

Henry Ford
Cheriton
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Cheriton » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:00 pm

barr7430 wrote:In case anyone thought this thread was dead or forgotten about, far from it. I have been letting the poll gestate to get some balance in the voting.
Barry:

I did wonder but just assumed that I had yet once again managed to "miss the bus". :? Glad to hear the bus is still idling; even better the affirmation about the GNW :D
barr7430 wrote:Thank you Gunter. The Dragoon uniforms looked pretty conventional in the plate apart from the appearance of the mitre.
The infantry plates were interesting... some small but notable differences.
Yes, Gunter, thanks. I have not seen these before, are they are some that Dan has recently marketed; is he still selling useful stuff online somewhere? When I click on the cavalry link to the plate the names of the bottom four dragoon regiments are cut off.

Very encouraging about the GNW project, I will attempt to maintain better surveillance the remainder of 2012. :roll:

Cheers,

Michael
"Blessing of your heart you brew good ale."

~ Shakespeare
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:10 am

Cheriton wrote: Yes, Gunter, thanks. I have not seen these before, are they are some that Dan has recently marketed; is he still selling useful stuff online somewhere? When I click on the cavalry link to the plate the names of the bottom four dragoon regiments are cut off.

Very encouraging about the GNW project, I will attempt to maintain better surveillance the remainder of 2012. :roll:

Cheers,

Michael
Michael,
No, they are from a website which had the permission from Dan to show them. The pictures are from this website:
http://rusmilhist.blogspot.co.at/

The website of Dan Schorr can still be seen at:
http://web.archive.org/web/200710010248 ... nwars.com/
An updated version of some of the 'notes' you may get when you contact Dan by PM or E-mail.

Cheers,
Günter

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:14 am

Friedrich August I. wrote:
barr7430 wrote: .......

Dear Barry,

According to the above and understanding the sequence of interests I would like to list a few details for future GNW troops.
At first the Infantry:
Grenadiers of Saxony, Russia and Sweden didn't have the lace as Western Style uniforms had. Most of them would have High Mitres with some Low ones.
Officers tended to wear less decorated uniforms as in the West. They would have more looked like the common troopers.
I am only sure about the Saxons that the buttons on the pockets would have been 3 instead of 4. Here is a pic from Dan Schorr (EDIT)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-eQyINrtWMko/T ... +inf+1.jpg
Cavalry is, as long as I dont have models in hand, not discussable. Maybe Barry or Clibinarum do spot some details on this picture (Dan Schorr)EDIT
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RfXnGaVoI1E/T ... ons+-1.jpg

That's all for now. More to follow
Best Wishes,
Günter
i'm sure taht in the field swedish grenadier's actualy wore a tricorne hat and not a mitre style cap . the only surviving grenadier mitres seemm to have been from garrision regiment's . but i'd need to check thios when i got home.
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:15 am

Rob Herrick wrote:What about Spanish dragoons?

As far as I can tell, nobody makes the mitre helmet that Spanish Dragoons wore, except possibly Essex. That may be more of a need for the WSS in Spain, but they might also be needed for Grand Alliance battles in the Spanish Netherlands as well.
did all spanish dragoons ware a mitre style cap as i'ms ure that i read somewhere it may have been restriged to dragoon grenadier companie's.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:14 am

Friends,

For the supporter's of the GNW Russian, Swedes and, as a sidekick Saxon/Polish, faction I like to say that I am far from doing another so-called 'Single Person Owner'-Army. Therefore I would line up with all of them who want's to do the Tricorned times of the GNW which means the time until 1712 and the ending of the GNW.
To get things into a frame I would suggest to form up the consortium Barry mentioned once which seems to contain - by name of the Avatars - Russian James, Cheriton, Dfogleman2 and Friedrich August I.
Any more GNW supporter will be welcome.

Btw., if someone is asking himself why I changed my mind from early Saxon(1699-1704) to the more late Saxon(1706-1712) should note what was written in this thread so far. The WM-Range cover's at least the early Saxon Infantry and Cuirassiers to some extend and can be used for their early time period.
What realy matters is that more than one person- I -should be satisfied with the production line that comes out from doing the GNW range.

As most of you know I 'forced' a friend and sculptor to make my own Saxons for the Napoleonic Wars. It occurs to us that this range will probably die-out after we finished it because NO OTHER Customer made an order for them yet. It will be literaly my own PRIVATE Army. And a very expensive one too as my own calculations tell me that I have invested a 5-digit GBP sum so far to raise it :roll:
Not to say what time and material costs my sculptor had so far :cry: .

So no other private adventur in the future and back to what the mass would like to see or get. Therefore I bow to the needs of the few.

The outlining of the 'needs' for the GNW should be discussed in PM's or some other save zone.

Best Wishes,
Günter

Russian James
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Russian James » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:46 am

Gunter, while I still retain an unhealthy interest in the GNW Russian, I have been lured astray by Barry and his Irish campaigns...

Current interests include:

Afghanistan, 2012
GNW Russian, 1710
Jacobite Scots, 1690
1690 skirmishing
Royalists at Battle of Harlaw, 1411
Norsemen (Vikingr) (SAGA)
Saxon (Dux Britanarium)
Ancient Greek city states

Priorities in bold.
Can't afford either time or money to give them all the devotion they deserve!
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:07 am

Russian James wrote:Gunter, while I still retain an unhealthy interest in the GNW Russian, I have been lured astray by Barry and his Irish campaigns...
Saxon

Priorities in bold.
Can't afford either time or money to give them all the devotion they deserve!
Jim, this is understandable for me.

Saxons too - ONLY a different time period :wink: :D

Btw., Happy Birthday Jim!
And dont be shy :wink: most of us are your age. Some are a few years younger like me and some are older.

Best Wishes,
Günter

Dfogleman2
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Dfogleman2 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:23 am

I am still in on the GNW idea. Hopefully, Barry will be able to give us an update soon. Sounds like he has a master figure that we might be interested in!
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:26 am

Dfogleman2 wrote:I am still in on the GNW idea. Hopefully, Barry will be able to give us an update soon. Sounds like he has a master figure that we might be interested in!
Yeah, or it is a Turk :wink: :D