WARFARE PRIVATE COMMISSIONS - WHAT INTERESTS YOU?

Information related to WARFARE MINIATURES releases, future releases, range development, painting, figure usage, conversions

What codes might you invest in/buy if available

You may select up to 10 options

View results
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WARFARE PRIVATE COMMISSIONS - WHAT INTERESTS YOU?

Post by barr7430 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:17 pm

Actually... it is a SWEDE! He is a cavalryman and we'll be able to show him shortly.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Russian James
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Russian James » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Gunter, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but with my Norse heritage the Saxons are usually my opposition...

Only playing Saxon in Dux as the alternative was Roman offspring!!! :roll:
Some factions I just cannot bring myself to play or model; Rome, in all it's forms is one! :lol:
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:13 am

would be interested in a 25 mm warfare gnw range . i've gamed it for years in 15 mm. swedes would be a good start as well everybody fought them .
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:51 am

In case anyone was thinking this had gone to sleep, far from it. The Poll itself has now had quite a bit of time to level out and with the number of votes cast, a balanced view is more visible than the spikeyness caused with few votes and anomalous interests.

Clearly, 3 areas stand out: French and Grand Alliance for the NYW period and GNW.

We are already on the move in both areas. 2013 will be an even bigger year for Warfare Miniatures releases than 2012 was.

In the conventional series of releases we will have:

Additional Horse types including
Enthusiastic Cavalry Command (already sculpted)
Mounted Dragoons Allied
Mounted Dragoons French
Further command and officers
Further Horse types suitable for French & Spanish & WSS

Dismounted dragoon command(Allied)(Already sculpted)
Dismounted Dragoons (French)
Dragoons Horseholders

French Maison du Roi Infantry
French Infantry
Siege equipment and mortars
civilians and labourers

Highlanders

I am currently assessing the possibility of a quick release on:

Fusiliers/Marines in several poses including command
Militia/Rebels/Recruit Infantry

On the GNW Front, the first test sculpt is already completed and I am just waiting to get a good quality shot of that to let the Forum have a look. I will actively go forward with the 'subscription idea' and provide more details over the next few weeks.

In terms of putting together:

Saxon
Saxon/Polish
Swedish
Russian
Danish

Armies, I hope to confer with my chums and Forum members such as Gunter, Dannie,Dan and others to show how available Warfare figures can be accurately deployed into armies from the Skane Wars through to 1721. We'll probably set up an area on the site or a separate, affiliated blog for this.

Others who have requested specifics such as armoured pikemen, pikemen at the charge etc.. will see some of that coming (dollies have been done for some) and we can discuss further variations through the subscription route.

Hopefully there is enough meat here for you to get your teeth into and a reassurance that I am not just playing about with this range :wink:

Henry Ford
EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by EvilGinger » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:22 pm

All of which is extremely good news for the new year well done to every one involved.

&
A very merry Christmass to you all

:evil: Ginger
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:53 pm

barr7430 wrote:....

On the GNW Front, the first test sculpt is already completed and I am just waiting to get a good quality shot of that to let the Forum have a look. I will actively go forward with the 'subscription idea' and provide more details over the next few weeks.

In terms of putting together:

Saxon
Saxon/Polish
Swedish
Russian
Danish

Armies, I hope to confer with my chums and Forum members such as Gunter, Dannie,Dan and others to show how available Warfare figures can be accurately deployed into armies from the Skane Wars through to 1721. We'll probably set up an area on the site or a separate, affiliated blog for this.

A very promising announcement I would say. I am all ears :wink: :D
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Cheriton
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Cheriton » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:54 pm

barr7430 wrote:In case anyone was thinking this had gone to sleep, far from it.

Hopefully there is enough meat here for you to get your teeth into and a reassurance that I am not just playing about with this range :wink:
Barry:

Wonderful news, am still fully signed up on the GNW myself. Not that anyone should have noticed, but, my attendance here and elsewhere online has been spotty since late November. My faithful old Dell lost its motherboard four weeks ago and I had to go PC shopping. :(

Had been (very happily) running XP for years, evolving up through XP3 and awaiting upgrading until MS was to drop XP support in early 2014. Well that all changed overnight, me going from XP3 to Windows 8 in 24 hours. Talk about your "quantum leap"! :shock: Very steep learning curve the first week or so, muttered "This sucker is going back!" many times. :x

At any rate am now in a position to pay more attention to the goings on at LoA. BTW, did I miss the availability of "Apostles Battalion Packs"? :wink:

Michael
"Blessing of your heart you brew good ale."

~ Shakespeare
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:54 am

Cheriton wrote:
barr7430 wrote:In case anyone was thinking this had gone to sleep, far from it.

Barry:

Wonderful news, am still fully signed up on the GNW myself. Not that anyone should have noticed, but, my attendance here and elsewhere online has been spotty since late November. My faithful old Dell lost its motherboard four weeks ago and I had to go PC shopping. :(

Had been (very happily) running XP for years, evolving up through XP3 and awaiting upgrading until MS was to drop XP support in early 2014. Well that all changed overnight, me going from XP3 to Windows 8 in 24 hours. Talk about your "quantum leap"! :shock: Very steep learning curve the first week or so, muttered "This sucker is going back!" many times. :x

At any rate am now in a position to pay more attention to the goings on at LoA. BTW, did I miss the availability of "Apostles Battalion Packs"? :wink:

Michael
mister hilton actualy made me up some apostles infantry battalions a few month ago.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:53 am

Mark, thanks for reminding me about that :D Yes I did!

Michael, it has been on the to do list for a while. I will hopefully get some progress on that front over the break. I have been trying to think of the most useful/imaginative way to do it in terms of battalions construction. I have finally(I think) come up with the method.
What I intend to do is offer the battalion packs 'themed' although the final designations are not decided but along the line as follows:

1. At the ready (unit standing ready to fire - as many head variants as possible in those poses with appropriate command)

2.Volley Fire (unit firing both front and rear ranks,with command and sergeants as appropriate)

3. Engaged (unit in various stages of firing and loading, with command and sergeants as appropriate)

4. Under pressure (unit with casualty pack included, officers and sergeants as appropriate)

I have painted up quite a few all in the same coats and intend to model and photograph these variants over the next week so that everyone can see them. I will still offer the packs as normal but the variants should illustrate the themes that the models can be used for.

Cheers

B

Henry Ford
Cheriton
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Cheriton » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:11 pm

barr7430 wrote:Mark, thanks for reminding me about that :D Yes I did!

Michael, it has been on the to do list for a while. I will hopefully get some progress on that front over the break. I have been trying to think of the most useful/imaginative way to do it in terms of battalions construction. I have finally(I think) come up with the method.
What I intend to do is offer the battalion packs 'themed' although the final designations are not decided but along the line as follows:

1. At the ready (unit standing ready to fire - as many head variants as possible in those poses with appropriate command)

2.Volley Fire (unit firing both front and rear ranks,with command and sergeants as appropriate)

3. Engaged (unit in various stages of firing and loading, with command and sergeants as appropriate)

4. Under pressure (unit with casualty pack included, officers and sergeants as appropriate)

I have painted up quite a few all in the same coats and intend to model and photograph these variants over the next week so that everyone can see them. I will still offer the packs as normal but the variants should illustrate the themes that the models can be used for.

Cheers

B
Barry:

First off quite understandable, not the highest priority (but nearly...) this hobby in life we must remember. 8)

FWIW, my preference would be, in descending order:

I would have percentages of each type, but 3 and 1 getting the most play. Then 4 getting a little less and then 2 the least.

At any rate, wishing you and LoA/WM great success and I shall continue support. :)

BTW, to anyone else using Windows 8 here? LoA seems to act up a bit, the pages bouncing and resizing at times. For example if I try to "mouse on" to the text window expansion "arrow" at right, it moves away and I cannot "grasp" it.

I suspect my older MS IntelliMouse being the culprit though Win8 pronounces it "operating normally. Continuing hold on tightly to this Win8 bucking bronco... :?

Michael
Last edited by Cheriton on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Shakespeare
Cheriton
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Cheriton » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:13 pm

Barry et al:

After clicking "Submit" I am often taken to a white screen below, though the submitted message usually, ultimately, finds its own way, somehow?

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home2/barr7430/public_html/fightingtalk/cache/queue.php on line 3

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /home2/barr7430/public_html/fightingtalk/cache/queue.php on line 3
:roll:

Michael

Edit: PS The above did not show the error screen when submitted! Go figure...? :shock:

~ Shakespeare
EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by EvilGinger » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:40 pm

I have been getting those over the last few days & it resulted in my making at least one multiple post on a thread. I have not been getting them all of the time & it seems to be a problem with the display of the page which normally displays after posting.

Ginger
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:54 pm

Cheriton wrote:..
BTW, to anyone else using Windows 8 here? LoA seems to act up a bit, the pages bouncing and resizing at times. For example if I try to "mouse on" to the text window expansion "arrow" at right, it moves away and I cannot "grasp" it.

I suspect my older MS IntelliMouse being the culprit though Win8 pronounces it "operating normally. Continuing hold on tightly to this Win8 bucking bronco... :?

Michael
Michael,
I would suggest you erase Win8 and buy yourself a Win7 64-Pro because
Win 8 was mainly written to serve TABLET PCs and there are certain mag's who tell you exact that errors you are facing in the moment. It isn't your mouse if this helps :wink:

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:53 pm

Cheriton wrote:Barry et al:

After clicking "Submit" I am often taken to a white screen below, though the submitted message usually, ultimately, finds its own way, somehow?

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home2/barr7430/public_html/fightingtalk/cache/queue.php on line 3

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /home2/barr7430/public_html/fightingtalk/cache/queue.php on line 3
:roll:

Michael

Edit: PS The above did not show the error screen when submitted! Go figure...? :shock:
Barry is aware of that bug ...error... and i think Stuart has been informed

Russian James
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Russian James » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:39 pm

Been getting that myself over the past few days and I run Macs...