READY TO GO UNITS TO BUY - YOUR VIEWS

Information related to WARFARE MINIATURES releases, future releases, range development, painting, figure usage, conversions
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

READY TO GO UNITS TO BUY - YOUR VIEWS

Post by barr7430 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:59 am

I am trying to gauge whether to offer Warfare Miniatures units 'to go'

This would involve pre-painted battalions of cavalry regiments to a good wargames standard
Ready based in LoA style (probably within a limited spec of base configurations)
Pikes painted but not attached.
Flags done(Quindia flags)

Difficult to price at this early stage but probably £150-200 for a battalion of 25 models (ex postage) roughly.

Interested in the views of collectors and gamers.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Ben Waterhouse
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: READY TO GO UNITS TO BUY - YOUR VIEWS

Post by Ben Waterhouse » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:00 am

I couldn't afford it; but why not if the interest is there.
Arma Pacis Fulcra

God, War, Drink.
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:15 pm

if there is an interest then why not . a good way for people to get figures straight on to the table.
janner
Colonel
Colonel

Post by janner » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:15 am

If price v quality was competitive, I'd think you'd do more than a bit of trade, especially as the uniforms etc would be based on solid research :)

However, I suggest that the real money-spinner would be good to go forces for Donnybrook...
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:43 am

I am interested to hear all views so thanks for this so far. The reasons for exploring this option are not that it is a big money spinner it is more about easing player's into larger games quickly by taking away the pain of painting lots of units particularly if they don;t have time or don;t feel happy with their own painting.

The sums are not complicated and as can be seen the economics are quite attractive:

£27.00 for battalion pack. 25 models painted(going market rate is often £5+) say £125.00, figures cleaned, painted, based. Flag sheet - £6. Time to completion if doing on your own - variable from 1 week to 1 year! Chances of getting on the table - unknown!
When put in these terms the case for those with the 'spend' and inclined is pretty strong.

That's the main driver - consolidate the range in the market, offer options to gamers.
Warfare Miniatures is on a roll currently and I want ot maintain the momentum for gamers and collectors new and established 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
yar68
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by yar68 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:04 am

I'd second the Donnybrook idea, less figures and probably more affordable for the masses. And I'd love to see Donnybrook units sold unpainted too, like Gripping Beast do for their Saga rules?????
Ray

Yay...I say yay..............Yay!

http://onelover-ray.blogspot.com/
Russian James
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Russian James » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:11 am

Going by the number of people who get their armies painted by others, I think there IS a market and good luck to you Barry!

Not for me though, although I'm slow (!), for me the gaming is secondary, most of the pleasure is in doing the research, assembling and painting of the various historical units...