Green stuff

Here's where we pass on good ideas to each other about how to produce mini-meisterwerks
lee sherman
Captain
Captain

Green stuff

Post by lee sherman » Thu May 24, 2018 12:04 am

I have just started using the yellow/blue kneadatite for infantry conversions, Japanese helmet covers and horseshoe backpacks and head scalfs. All well for a few days, gone to use it today and its horrid! It's sticky like all over my fingers and knife it's really dark green usually it's a grape green colour and doesn't stretch and smooth just snaps.... Has it gone off? Its only been opened 9 days ago is that normal and need more new kneadatite? Maybe storing it wrong it's just in its packets with celophane still on it in my model box any help

Thanks

Lee
Clibinarium
Major
Major

Re: Green stuff

Post by Clibinarium » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:16 pm

Nine days would be very short. Might happen if it was kept in a warm place? Best kept in the freezer when not in use. Should last for months.
Try mixing different ratios of yellow to blue to see if that helps. From memory the more blue the less sticky?

I never could get on with it all that well. After the first six months of sculpting I switched over to procreate and found it much easier to work. Same temperature caveats apply to it though.