Sample Army Lists for the Scanian War?

Conflict between the Swedes and their various neighbours between 1670s and 1721. Including topics on Danes, Saxons, Saxon-Polish, Russians and anyone else the boys in blue were mixing it with!
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Sample Army Lists for the Scanian War?

Post by Redmist1122 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:30 am

Alright, now that I have my book, "Scanian War 1675-79" by Lars-Eric Hoglund, and the pdf from Dan Schorr's old site, "Danish Uniforms, Colors and Standards 1675 - 1679", looking for any help with Sample Armies lists for the Swedes and Danes?

Something similar as listed in BLBv2.

Thanks.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Sample Army Lists for the Scanian War?

Post by Friedrich August I. » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:34 am

Redmist1122 wrote:Alright, now that I have my book, "Scanian War 1675-79" by Lars-Eric Hoglund, and the pdf from Dan Schorr's old site, "Danish Uniforms, Colors and Standards 1675 - 1679", looking for any help with Sample Armies lists for the Swedes and Danes?

Something similar as listed in BLBv2.

Thanks.
Did you search the Nafziger lists so far? Maybe they give a hint where and with what to start. I think CARL was the last link to it :roll: :?:

EDIT:

http://www.alternatewars.com/CARL/Nafgizer_CARL.htm

Time Period collection 1700s (43MB :!: )

http://www.alternatewars.com/CARL/1700s.zip
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:23 am

try miniature wargames they had a 3 part artical on lund. which gave you uniform's flags and orders of battle for the skane war's . i can't rember the issues they were in. maybe someone in the forum could help .
Dfogleman2
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Dfogleman2 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:41 pm

You might start off with the orders of battle for the Battle of Halmstad in 1676. This was a small battle, approximately 4,000 on each side, but representative of the usual foot to horse ratio that was actually found in the field. Orders of battle can be found on the sole external link for the Swedish wikipedia article on the battle: http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slaget_vid_Halmstad

One thing to remember is that cavalry made up a large portion of the armies in all the battles in the 1675-1679 war, both in Scania and in Germany. At Lund, cavalry and dragoons made up probably 2/3 of the Swedish army.
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Post by Redmist1122 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:34 am

I downloaded three ORBATS; Halmstad, Landskrona and Lund. As mentioned, a lot of cavalry. This gets me in the right direction to paint up more cavalry and guys w/breast plates it appears.

Still looking to get something together for a pick-up game, like the lists in the back of BLBv2.

Thanks.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:18 pm

If someone wants to produce such a list, I will upload it into the Warchest
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford