Redoubts at Poltova

Conflict between the Swedes and their various neighbours between 1670s and 1721. Including topics on Danes, Saxons, Saxon-Polish, Russians and anyone else the boys in blue were mixing it with!
Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Redoubts at Poltova

Post by Gunfreak » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:59 pm

So I got some leftover blue styrofoam. And Thought I'd give a half-assed attempt at making a redoubt. Now, the bigger ones at Poltava had about 1 battalion and some guns.

How should I make it, it will look kinda small if I only make room for 1 BLB battalion(3-4 bases)

But If I make it much bigger then it won't really be like the Poltava but more like Borodino. I did think about making it big enough for 3 bases on the longer sides and 2 bases on the shorter side, but how will I fit the cannon in there? miniature cannons take a lot of space.
RogerC
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Redoubts at Poltova

Post by RogerC » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:23 am

Hi Truls, I would be tempted to do something slightly oblong, the long side wide enough o accomadate a battalion at the most and the short side just enough to take a gun. Might still be slightly large though. I will dig my redoubt out when I get chance and share a picture with you, its a bit larger with space for a battalion and a gun on each face.
RogerC
Colonel
Colonel

Post by RogerC » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:23 pm

Hi Truls, see what you think of the below, bit big but if you have a slightly lower redoubt with the sides about half the size and the length maybe 2 thirds?

Gunfreak
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by Gunfreak » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:39 pm

Thanks!
That one looks very good! Self made or bought?
RogerC
Colonel
Colonel

Post by RogerC » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:12 pm

Traded it, but a friend copied one and it looks just as good, I can always ask him for pointers if you like?