GA PA PLAYTEST

Conflict between the Swedes and their various neighbours between 1670s and 1721. Including topics on Danes, Saxons, Saxon-Polish, Russians and anyone else the boys in blue were mixing it with!
RogerC
Colonel
Colonel

GA PA PLAYTEST

Post by RogerC » Fri May 19, 2017 8:37 pm

Second playtest of gap, went quite well, some interesting things in there. Write up on the blog
http://gapagnw.blogspot.co.uk/
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GA PA PLAYTEST

Post by barr7430 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:19 am

Very nice looking table Roger. I read your AAR report. I have never used those rules and it was interesting to see the comments.
I is always sensitive for one rules writer to make any comment on anthers work, so, I won't!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
RogerC
Colonel
Colonel

Post by RogerC » Sat May 20, 2017 11:56 am

Barry I will be popping over to have a chat with you tomorrow and I am keen to discuss your rules at the same time. I want to thoroughly try each of my options before making a decision. GA PA are possibly too slow and too complex, that doesn't mean we cant amend them or that I will give up on them just yet as they do have some nice thought processes.

Look forward to seeing you in the morning!
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:57 pm

You may not have time to see it Roger but we are using BLB3 tomorrow. We'll be applying the GNW mods but one thing that is true... with this size of table and the forces we'll use tomorrow that game would be done in about 3 hour
s max if we didn't stop to talk. The rules are now very intuitive and play even more smoothly than ever. i have fused all of the learning from BLB1, BLB2, R2E and Donnybrook plus two unpublished sets I have written for smaller battles into BLB3. Many, play tests, lots o international groups plus the musketeers - DOB, Toggy and Clarence have collectively got us to where we are now.
Very happy with it
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford