How many figures?

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
yar68
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

How many figures?

Post by yar68 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:20 am

It may well have been asked before, but was is the average make up of a Donnybrook force, as in how many figures would you need per side?
Ray

Yay...I say yay..............Yay!

http://onelover-ray.blogspot.com/
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: How many figures?

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:54 am

yar68 wrote:It may well have been asked before, but was is the average make up of a Donnybrook force, as in how many figures would you need per side?
From LoA Blog:

Donnybrook is a fast paced skirmish game designed to cover conflicts across the globe from 1660 to 1760. The basic game of requires a force of 12-48 models, depending on their quality, and one character who represents the player on the table top. Games are played on a 4x4' table. You can add additional units and additional characters as you like, as long as both sides use the same conventions, though you'll need a larger table as you increase the numbers! Donnybrook uses a card driven turn system that creates exciting, unpredictable play. Besides leading government troops into battle, you can choose mobs of armed peasants, murderous brigands, religious fanatics, sinister cultists, ferocious highlanders, or tribal natives. The book includes the rules, faction lists, weapons primer, random events, seven scenarios, a thrilling battle report, a period and theater guide, and a double sided playsheet. The finished book is 112 pages and contains more than 150 awesome photographs by Mr Hilton!
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
yar68
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by yar68 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:16 am

Thanks Clarence, I knew I'd seen it somewhere, should have known to check the blog!! :roll:
Ray

Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:37 pm

yar68 wrote:Thanks Clarence, I knew I'd seen it somewhere, should have known to check the blog!! :roll:
A minor detail... I am not Clarence :wink: :lol:

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
yar68
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by yar68 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:51 pm

oops sorry :oops: :oops:
Ray

quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:09 pm

Lots of info on the blog! Also the Jan issue of WI has a full write up (available NOW if you have a digital subscription!)
dalauppror
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by dalauppror » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Got this answer from Clarence and it gives a very good ideea how to start building your force.

"To get you started on organization...

First and foremost, there is nothing to stop you from simply piling all of the models in your collection onto the table and having at it. With experience you will even be able to design scenarios without resorting to lists. But let's face it – army lists are fun! Besides providing the framework to ensure a reasonably balanced game, they serve as a target for collecting and expanding your model army. The force list has been designed for three levels of gaming: Basic Games of 4 force points, Standard Games of 6 force points, and Large Games of 8 force points (the later may require a table of 4x6' or larger).

Regardless of the size of game, each force gets one free Hero level Character who is the leader of the force and represents the player on the table.

For each force point allocated, you may choose:

12 Recruits or 9 Mounted Recruits
8 Drilled or 6 Mounted Drilled
4 Elites or 3 Mounted Elites

Units are assembled in groups of 3-12 models of like class and need not be fielded in lots as purchased. For example, if you choose two force points worth of Mounted Drilled troops rather than simply deploying two units of six models, they could also be fielded as one Unit of 12, four Units of 3, two Units of 5 and 7, etc.

These will provide the basis for a fast and fun game, but once you have the basics down you will want to add additional characters. For each force point you may add one special character, but we'll have to wait on the book for those..."

Best regards Michael
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:59 pm

quindia wrote:Lots of info on the blog! Also the Jan issue of WI has a full write up (available NOW if you have a digital subscription!)
I dont have a digital subscription but I got mine today... in printed paper:-)

quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:19 pm

I don't see them across the pond until a few weeks after they've been out! I have digital subscriptions for all of my mags these days. I'm not anti-paper and I still like thumbing through the magazines, but it is so much easier to store the digital files (I have literally run out room to continue to add to my piles of books and magazines). The digital versions are also searchable!