WI #314 Donnybrook Scenario Question

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

WI #314 Donnybrook Scenario Question

Post by Redmist1122 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:23 am

Barry,
In the article promoting Donnybrook, you outline the scenario, "The Resurrection of Darius O'Brien", gives a picture of the map for the game, how big are the blocks in the map? I tried the one foot rule for each block, and it comes to 3' x 3' playing surface. When I did a demo set-up, that seemed awfully small. Can you please clarify?

Thank you.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: WI #314 Donnybrook Scenario Question

Post by Friedrich August I. » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:27 am

Redmist1122 wrote:Barry,
In the article promoting Donnybrook, you outline the scenario, "The Resurrection of Darius O'Brien", gives a picture of the map for the game, how big are the blocks in the map? I tried the one foot rule for each block, and it comes to 3' x 3' playing surface. When I did a demo set-up, that seemed awfully small. Can you please clarify?

Thank you.
Greg,
It may be that the blocks are those 2 foot tiles of Adrian able hands we use in our wargames so that would double your table size:-)
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Post by Redmist1122 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:36 am

Gunter,
I think you may be right. I had to about double the blocks for the terrain to work. The dotted lines in the picture from the magazine appear to be added in though.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:02 pm

Greg, I still haven't read Barry's WI article but all the 2 player games we have played have been on 4x4 tables but there is no reason why you couldn't fight on a bigger table, especially if you are using more than two factions in your games.
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:16 pm

I think it is a 6 x 4 Greg. I am away from home but I remember that map I drew.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Post by Redmist1122 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:26 am

Barry,
I just wanted to make sure wagon was able to actually move off the table by turn 15. I had the wagon move the same rate as the militia guard in close order. But if I remember right they would have fallen short on the size I finally ended up with. Would you recommend the militia be able to move in open order? Or what speed did you have the wagon go?

Thanks again.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA