Woo Hoo!

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
yar68
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Woo Hoo!

Post by yar68 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:23 pm

Got a little something in the post this morning, a brand new, nice and shiny book to read by Messrs Harrison & Hilton.....now the problem is what figures to buy???
Ray

Yay...I say yay..............Yay!

http://onelover-ray.blogspot.com/
quindia
General
General

Re: Woo Hoo!

Post by quindia » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:57 pm

Well obviously you need one Army Faction and there is a really good range of models available around here somewhere...

Or you could just build all of the factions like Barry did...
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Post by Redmist1122 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:19 am

Ray,
Sounds like the folks in your side of the world is getting the rules, awesome! Looking forward when the wave hits the U.S. They're a lot of fun to play with. You'll probably end up outfitting more than few factions.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
counterattack71
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by counterattack71 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:16 am

yar68 wrote:Got a little something in the post this morning, a brand new, nice and shiny book to read by Messrs Harrison & Hilton.....now the problem is what figures to buy???
Ordered my copy today and had exactly the same thought. I'm expecting the shopping list for Vapartnak to grow considerably! :D
http://whippedraw.blogspot.com/

"To understand the social processes and conflicts, the interplay between individual and group, even the physicality of human experience, we have the need of small scale models" - Will Self.
dalauppror
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by dalauppror » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Got the book to Sweden today, thank you very much !

Haven´t had the time to read it yet but by first glance it is a realy stunning item, I hope the rules are as good as the book look 8)

Best regards Michael
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Post by Redmist1122 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:58 am

This is so exciting...like we're tracking Santa and the gang moving across the world...still waiting in the U.S.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:03 pm

Redmist1122 wrote:This is so exciting...like we're tracking Santa and the gang moving across the world...still waiting in the U.S.
Greg, if only I had read your post earlier, my mate is just about to head off to Tucson for the Gem Fair, he could have brought a copy over for you.
Cheers
Dave
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Post by Redmist1122 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Dave,
Thank you for the thought/offer!

Bob from Le Roi Soleil over here in the U.S. should be getting their copies soon, plus I plan on buy some Warfare minis as well.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:24 pm

Redmist1122 wrote:Dave,
Thank you for the thought/offer!
Your welcome Greg, I'll need to look you guys up the next time I'm over in Tucson, my wife usually goes to the Gem Fair and I've been with her a couple of time and stay with friends in West Autumn Breeze.
Cheers
Dave
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Post by Redmist1122 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:36 pm

Dave,
You have an open invitation to game with the fella here in Tucson anytime. Will definitely make the time pass while the wife is out doing her thing. Or, I can show you the sites...either way, definitely look me up.

That goes for anyone in my neck of the woods...errr desert. :mrgreen:
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
flick40
Major General
Major General

Post by flick40 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:10 am

Meet you at T.D.s. :)
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Post by Redmist1122 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:38 am

You're on!!!
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
Schnapphahn

Post by Schnapphahn » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:41 am

Hey, I'm new to this forum and joined especially for Donnybrook. :)

The rulebook arrived yesterday - and boy, it is glorious! Awesome quality, solid rules and overall a really fun work of love. Want to thank Mr. Harrison and Mr. Hilton for this masterpiece.

These rules are perfect for my plans to fight out some small scale engagements in the early years of the War of the Grand Alliance on the Rhine front. French raiding parties during the Devastation of the Palatinate getting ambushed by Schnapphahns, patrols and foraging parties clashing during the epic Siege of Mainz, and much more.
Besides, I might modificate the rules to fit an early 15th century setting too.

If only I ever get to paint up all these models.... :)
Redmist1122
Major General
Major General

Post by Redmist1122 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:32 am

All,
I can officially say I'm one of the kool kids...got my copy of Donnybrook in the mail this afternoon along with some Warfare Minis and flags today from LRS.

I'm just amazed in quality of craftsmanship and attention to detail every time LoA puts out a rule book.

Simply outstanding gents!!!

Excellent timing as I just finish a ton of home work and several term papers...what a nice reward. I'm going to have to spend some quality time looking through the book to absorb the full impact...so much for doing anything at work tomorrow...don't tell the boss. :mrgreen:
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA
Ben Waterhouse
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Ben Waterhouse » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:47 am

Redmist1122 wrote:All,
I can officially say I'm one of the kool kids...got my copy of Donnybrook in the mail this afternoon along with some Warfare Minis and flags today from LRS.

I'm just amazed in quality of craftsmanship and attention to detail every time LoA puts out a rule book.

Simply outstanding gents!!!

Excellent timing as I just finish a ton of home work and several term papers...what a nice reward. I'm going to have to spend some quality time looking through the book to absorb the full impact...so much for doing anything at work tomorrow...don't tell the boss. :mrgreen:
Me too, me too! :D
Arma Pacis Fulcra

God, War, Drink.