Cultist character questions.

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cultist character questions.

Post by barr7430 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:58 am

Aah.. Efoe, you have made me happy.. I can hear the Angelic Choirs singing... that word is v=creeping back into wargaming...... FUN!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED FROM OUR SIDE 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Efoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Efoe » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:00 am

Good to hear that barry :) you did well indeed! Fun in a game is something often overlooked. Yet there is more to dpnnybrook then just fun.

One more question about the witch. She uses her dark magic on her own or units activation. Could the enemy fight back? In other words, when do the powers activate? To br able to charge with her and a unit, fight with the unit, use her magic and have a 2/3 chance of the enemy not fighting back seems a bit much. Or does her magic only works when she goes solo?
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:46 pm

The witch uses her power on her card (or the unit card to which she is attached).

Note that she may fight back on the enemy card, but may not do so with hexes... only her dagger.
Efoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Efoe » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:23 pm

Sorry, but I meant to ask: Does the enemy fight back after the witch and attached unit have fought/ used magic? Several magic effects cause the enemy to fall back, so my question is. IF the enemy need to fall back due her magic (fed magic apples/shrooms) must they do so right away? I can imagine them fighting back when they are also under attack by a unit. But i don't see it happening versus a solo witch who feeds them apples?

(You must think: aargh, when does this guy stops ask questions! Sorry!)
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Ok, two things...

1. The witch's special ability should be resolved before the attacks of her unit (though if they charged pikes, the pikes go first as normal). If the result is 5 or 6, the enemy unit flees... do not make strikes with the rest of unit. In other cases, the friendly models may fight as normal.

2. You may need to alter the power descriptions. If charging with a unit of blood thirsty cultists, the witch does not skip ahead to pass out goodies from her basket (result 3 or 4). She may have drenched her head with blood or be waving a pair of snakes around... the effects of the roll are important, but the exact description is not.
Efoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Efoe » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:55 pm

That makes sense! Thank you. (I laughed so hard about your description. Thanks, priceless)