Crisis 2013

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
Renooij
Sergeant
Sergeant

Crisis 2013

Post by Renooij » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:23 am

Ha Barry,

At Crisis 2013 we played a scenario Donnybrook & fell in love with the game. Some rules we used there are not in the book. Can you update them in this topic?

I remember my stone throwing children who dismounted some 'bokkenriders'. Did you use Civillian militia rules? And how about dismounting?

I also charghed the cultist hounds. I've made my save so they were just hounds and not the Hell hounds they would transform into as I had not made a succesfull save. How did that rule come up? And what are the Hell hound scores?

Greetings from Holland
quindia
General
General

Re: Crisis 2013

Post by quindia » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:20 pm

In the core Donnybrook game, monsters like ghouls and hellhounds, as well as things like witchcraft are meant to reflect the superstitions of the time not actual beings from nightmares. The hellhounds are simply (viscous) dogs. Barry used the different models to represent the effect of fear on the tabletop as a visual prop and a bit of showmanship. If you saved, the mortal dogs remain while if fear kicks in Barry replaces the models. The rules used for hellhounds are exactly as presented (and exactly the same as the Highlander hounds... the name is 'fluff' to fit in with the faction).

That said, we have a version of Donnybrook Dark where things that go bump in the night are real! Werewolves, Vampires, Zombies, etc. are included along with forces of good who use supernatural means to oppose these creatures... and you will still be able to use your historical soldiers, brigands, etc. The stone throwing boys are actually included in Donnybrook Dark...
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:25 pm

Yes, they are known as the 'Naughty Boys'! 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:12 am

barr7430 wrote:Yes, they are known as the 'Naughty Boys'! 8)
And 2 naughty boys 8 and 6 took great delight in stoning Toggy to bits with the 'Naughty Boys' at the Kirriemuir show, over two games. :lol:
Cheers
Dave
toggy
Major General
Major General

Post by toggy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:04 am

obriendavid wrote:
And 2 naughty boys 8 and 6 took great delight in stoning Toggy to bits with the 'Naughty Boys' at the Kirriemuir show, over two games. :lol:
Cheers
Dave
Some people are like Elephants, they never forget.

Dave, it's just as well you weren't at the York show, as you would have taken great delight at another 8 year old, Alex, kicking my Darian butt all over Panama :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Bob
We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction. Macarthur, Douglas
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:48 pm

Those naughty boys may even get sculpted from scratch as a special 'unit'.

My existing ones were from a Foundry Ancient German set

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:17 pm

barr7430 wrote:Those naughty boys may even get sculpted from scratch as a special 'unit'.
Can you not make up a Naughty Boys Faction that can only be used when fighting Toggy :lol:
Cheers
Dave
Gerryjd
Captain
Captain

Post by Gerryjd » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:57 pm

toggy wrote:
obriendavid wrote:
Cheers
Dave
Some people are like Elephants, they never forget.

Dave, it's just as well you weren't at the York show, as you would have taken great delight at another 8 year old, Alex, kicking my Darian butt all over Panama :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Bob
Yeah Dave,

And he calls himself a Scotsman now......... It was positively embarrassing watching him cry when Alex was throwing his dice........Miss Jean Brodie's pupils would have put up a better fight than Toggy did!!!! :shock: :lol: :shock:

Cheers

Gerry
You may call it sarcasm........I, on the other hand, prefer to refer to it as a humorous observation!!! :-)
Renooij
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Renooij » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:04 am

Donnybrook Dark? Is that a suplement?
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:38 am

Donnybrook Dark IS a supplement. It deals with the sinister, devil worshipping, ghost and demon led side of the period specifically. It will be out as a pdf once we get it formatted and finalized. It is already largely complete in writing terms.

Henry Ford