Rules Question from a New Comer to Donnybrook

Dedicated to skirmishing with DONNYBROOK the new set of rules created by Clarence and Barry. Information on the rules, queries on play, battle reports, faction info, new ideas, painting tips, scenarios and chat for skirmish-adventure gaming 1660-1760.
Fort Chelworth

Rules Question from a New Comer to Donnybrook

Post by Fort Chelworth » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:13 pm

Am I being thick? I started to gallop through the Donnybrook rules but fell off my horse on page 11. In the second Speech Box, there is bit about saving throws, and they needed 5+ (so, a roll of 5 or more) to save. They rolled 6D6, because there were 6 of them skulking behind that low wall, and they rolled:

It says: “Three hits are nullified but the target must remove three models”.

Er, I would have thought that only the 6’s would have saved (as 5+), so it should be “Two hits are nullified but the target must remove four models”. Or am I missing something?

What do you reckon?
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Rules Question from a New Comer to Donnybrook

Post by obriendavid » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:38 pm

Fort Chelworth wrote:Am I being thick? It says: “Three hits are nullified but the target must remove three models”.
Er, I would have thought that only the 6’s would have saved (as 5+), so it should be “Two hits are nullified but the target must remove four models”. Or am I missing something?
You're not being thick, we got it wrong and when I say we, I mean Barry :roll:
Cheers
Dave
Fort Chelworth

Re: Rules Question from a New Comer to Donnybrook

Post by Fort Chelworth » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:40 pm

Ah! thank you. I will get back on my horse (not too high) and resume at page 12! Great set of rules, back to basics and amusingly illustrated, really refreshing, and for an ACW buff that has regressed in time to FIW and is now open to matters 18th Century, a great opportunity to dabble at skirmish level. Reassuring, like discovering that they still stock Ruddles County at the supermarket amongst lakes of Carling Artois Black Label Export :D