Hessen-Homburg Hussars

All matters to do with gaming, painting and uniform information
toggy
Major General
Major General

Hessen-Homburg Hussars

Post by toggy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:06 am

Surely one of the most colourful uniforms of any regiment during the Napoleonic wars.

All part of my rather large Austrian army, geared up for refights of the 1809 & 1813 campaigns.

Still plenty more Austrians to go, looking to refight Wagram one day Gunter against your full Saxon corps.

Bob
We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction. Macarthur, Douglas
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Hessen-Homburg Hussars

Post by obriendavid » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:36 am

These look great Bob, very colourful.

With all our Russians, your Austrian and my Prussians we can also look to doing more 1813/14 battles.

Dave
toggy
Major General
Major General

Post by toggy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:54 am

Hopefully a few games this year Dave, we've gots lots of stuff to put on the table.

Bob
We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction. Macarthur, Douglas
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:00 pm

toggy wrote:Surely one of the most colourful uniforms of any regiment during the Napoleonic wars.

All part of my rather large Austrian army, geared up for refights of the 1809 & 1813 campaigns.

Still plenty more Austrians to go, looking to refight Wagram one day Gunter against your full Saxon corps.

Bob
Very nice Austrian Hussars! Well done! Even the "Gardener" fullfilled his usual great Job :D

I case of the Saxons I hope you will excuse if I don't use ALL my Canons :wink:
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.