New 28mm 1806 Prussians

All matters to do with gaming, painting and uniform information
Clibinarium
Major
Major

Post by Clibinarium » Sat May 16, 2009 2:53 pm

I think you are right, I probably am being empathetic to a fellow sculptor, knowing the difficulties the he or she is up against.
I do have to agree that these sculpts can't really be sold at the high end of the market, they aren't on a par with the perries or older foundry. Mind you all Foundry figures are priced high.

I guess I've not been looking at the issue from a customers standpoint as I just don't use 28's (can't afford either the money or the space).
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Sat May 16, 2009 2:57 pm

It doesn't help with all of the plastics coming out either. Both the Victrix and Perry models are superior sculpts and the prices simply can't compare. This doesn't mean that I'm not going to buy any more metal, but it does mean that the metal has to be really good! Obviously there are no Prussians available at this this time, but there will be!

At one time, Foundry had the best sculptors in the industry and I have buckets of their miniatures, but it makes me wonder at the business model that they were unable to keep the talent that was the heart and soul of the company.
Clibinarium
Major
Major

Post by Clibinarium » Sun May 17, 2009 1:34 pm

From memory there was talk of them having fallen out with all their major talent over royalties for sculpts. I have no idea whether that is true or not.