28mm Hougomont

All matters to do with gaming, painting and uniform information
tonyd
Private
Private

28mm Hougomont

Post by tonyd » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:17 pm

Having finally forced my foot in the door and managed to join this illustrious(?) group I thought that I'd make my first contribution on Hougomont. I made the Hovels buidings last year and continue to add figures. Next outing will be at the Earlswood Club near Birmingham for the Xmas game.
Image[/img]
I'll post some more pics if any of you find this topic of interest.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:07 pm

Tonyd.. you are very welcome! :D I don't know about illustrious :shock: but lively none the less. You pic is absolutely excellent!! I have had the privilege to actually walk along the length of the very wall portayed in your pic. It is just as you have shown (although now pretty shakey looking!). All of the British loopholes are either still thereor filled in with cement/mortar.

Please post as often as you feel inclined :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
tonyd
Private
Private

Post by tonyd » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:37 am

I went during the Summer as a member of a Legere Holidays party. Denis Coleman of Hovels who made the buildings was there too and we were appalled at the state of the buildings and walls. Evidently there a plans afoot to preserve the complex before it all falls down
I'm the one on the left and that's Denis Coleman of Hovels on the right.
The game from another angle. Note the use of the "Teddy Bear" fur!
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:13 am

WOW :shock: :shock:

Very nice, very very nice 8)

Thinredline
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
seansdaddy
Private
Private

Post by seansdaddy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:31 pm

stunning sir, 8)
As-Salāmu `Alaykum
Churchill
General
General

15mm Hougoumont, La Haye Sainte and Papelotte

Post by Churchill » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:15 pm

Hi Tonyd,

My on going project is to refight Waterloo in 15mm using a scale of 1 figure equals 50 real men.I started in 1997 with the French and used essex figures, but after finishing D'Erlon's corps I discovered A&B figures and fell in love with them.I finished the French army using these in 2004 and they come to over 1,300 figures.I have all the British Infantry Regiments brought off e-bay and again these are A&B figures these need rebasing and I've just brought 17 btns of Dutch/Belgians.
The Prussians that actually took part are about to be painted and based. I have Hougoumont still to be finished with a wall section and hedge, La Haye Sainte and Papelotte finished and I just purchased a church and a few houses to represent Plancenoit from Hovels at the York show.I had to buy the Hougoumont model from Monday Knight Productions in America as nobody in the U.K. did this in 15mm, but the news is that Hovels do have plans the release a 15mm version.
I hope to have everything finished by 2010 and I will be putting this game on at Salute that year.

Your 25mm Hougoumont and the figures look really good.

Regards Ray