Battle of Hohenbrunn 15-16 October 1813 (22-23 Jan 2005)

All matters to do with gaming, painting and uniform information
martin terroni
Captain
Captain

Post by martin terroni » Thu May 05, 2005 8:08 am

I find this quite amusing, your battle reports and actions In my humble opinion, are of two gentleman, who should be removed from command immediately and put in charge of your baggage trains!!!

:lol:

yours graciously

senior terroni
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Thu May 05, 2005 9:30 pm

My Dear Colonel,

If you really think my cavalry were ineffectual, I would respectfully suggest one of two reasons for this.

1/ You had lost your monacle in the headlong flight into the woods, or

2/ You were that far into the wood you could only see the trees, and not what my Cavalry were doing as they receded beyond your horizon, and headlong into more worthy adversaries.

As I previously commented, my concerns were of a higher order than your knat like nuisances. Ask Lipranski!

Yours,

Kellerman

PS Who is this man Terroni? He does not appear in my list of Officers, but if I root him out, I will have him shot. Is he one of yours?
martin terroni
Captain
Captain

Post by martin terroni » Fri May 06, 2005 10:15 am

Dear Kellerman, I can assure that if you can find me, by your past performances, you would probabaly could not hit a barn door!

yours

senior terroni
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Fri May 06, 2005 6:01 pm

Senior Terroni,

By the title of address, one can only assume that you are of Spanish origin. Yet another defeated people!

I now of no Spaniard in my command, but it will not be too long before you are found out, and alas, the firing squad are much better shots than I!

You should find a country with a sunny climate, like Southern Italy, and hide there for a long time. Wel at least until 1815 !

Kellerman :twisted: :twisted:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri May 06, 2005 7:51 pm

Senior Terroni

YOUR NAME WILL ALSO GO IN ZE BOOK!

As for your suggestion that I be assigned to the baggage train I would welcome such a move in order to write my memoirs, as for Kellerman surely you meant the baggage HEAP !
If you are reading this Kellerman shoot him by all means, the man clearly has no grasp of military matters ,may I suggest you but him in front of your horse artillery as they need the practice.
The jibe about the monicle was uncalled for and I can assure you I have no need for such a device as I have perfect eyesight madame.
regards
Schnapps ( hero of Hohenbrunn)
martin terroni
Captain
Captain

Post by martin terroni » Mon May 09, 2005 12:52 pm

Whistle while you work,
schnapps is a twerp,
He's half barmy,
So's his army,
Whistle while you work.

senior terroni laughs in the face of your feeble threats :lol:
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Thu May 12, 2005 5:53 pm

My Dear Colonel,

I am somewhat bemused by your attitude to my comments regarding your monacle, considering some of the insults you have perpetrated on my honour. I would suggest a tad of hypocrisy in your comment Sir. If my comment really offended you, then it is true, THE PEN, IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD. :wink:

Naturally, you have recourse to seeking satisfaction. God, ( the umpire) will probably set us on the same side at our next encounter. just to spoil the fun. We can always resort to pistols or swords at dawn?.

Kellerman.

PS. One of my agents has reported on the subject of " Senor Terroni". He is in fact "an Italien" Not sure if he meant "Italian", or "Alien". Either way he is a dead Italian (or Alien)! 8) 8)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri May 13, 2005 8:10 pm

My Dear Kellerman
Alas my dueling days are behind me as indeed yours must be, my wooden right hand, exagerated limp and nervous twitch would not work to my advantage I fear. I suggest a pint during a lull in the fighting would be a much more worthwhile exercise.

Regards Colonel Schnapps
ps I have decided on a working title for my memoires
Kellerman, My Part In His Downfall.
What do you think ?

( see you next month Bob )
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Sat May 14, 2005 7:54 am

My Dear Colonel,

If the truth be told, Senor Terroni may be correct in his assumption regarding barn doors and my ability to hit them, so I am realy glad you did not avail yourself of pistols at dawn. :oops:

And alas, my girth has grown so large of late, that my fencing ability has been seriously compromised. :lol:

The suggestion of a pint however ! :D (Do we stop at one ?)

As to meeting once again, I dare say you will be most able to find the material for the conclusion of your memoirs - "kELLERMAN - MY PART IN HIS DOWNFALL" and I shall most likely to be able to assist you in this ! :lol: :lol:

Warmest Regards

Kellerman
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun May 29, 2005 9:09 pm

With only two weeks to go to the next LoGW bash I was half way thro' the prep. I spoke with Dave 'Napoleon' O'Brien at Partizan and he said casually..." is the next game a continuation from the last one"
:idea: :idea: :idea: I thought.. Dave, that is a very good idea. I had not thought of it but spent 4 hours in the car back from Newark thinking about it and now that IS it !

The game will be same players in same roles(mostly) some scores to settle I think... Kellerman and Schnapps being but one!
Different table layout, different objectives but the orbats(with certain key amendments will be similar.. In the words of my heroes.. " The Song Remains the Same!"

Thanks for the inspiration Dave :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
kiwipeterh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by kiwipeterh » Mon May 30, 2005 9:21 am

Excellent. I'm looking forward to the detailed maps, high quality & detailed write up, subsequent high command squabbling, and of course many photos already.

Oh - and don't forget the brave Prussian jagers :wink:

Peter H.