My first battle with Pike & Shotte c.1690... (LOADS OF PICS)

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
chema1986
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

My first battle with Pike & Shotte c.1690... (LOADS OF PICS)

Post by chema1986 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:19 am

Hello Gentlemen! this Easter I went to my hometown, Cartagena, and played with my father a small battle between French and Spaniards in Catalonia c.1691 We used Pike & Shotte rules for this. Although I own a copy of "Beneath the Lily Banners" , we decided to use "Pike & Shotte" this time because it is easier to learn ( we have only played Flames of war , Impetus and Pike & Shotte now) and I already have a slow growing 30 years war Spanish/Imperial army and a very very small Swedish one, so I previously had bought the mentioned ruleset
My conclusion with this rules is positive, we played two times and spent two hours each.
I find it rather quick and flexible, funny and easy to learn. Moreover, on the book there is a section which deals with this period so there werent many problems adapting the existing lists to my Spaniards. So I am looking forward to finish painting my armies and play again!
We played with 3 foot regiments, one cavalry, and 1 field gun per side. And later added a converged grenadier and dragoons just to test them on the table and see how the rules treat them.
(the french cavalry is represented by a 30 years war Swedish cavalry regt. I could not paint them in time :( )

I hope you like the photographs of the battle!
Cheers !

Chema

http://s823.photobucket.com/user/josema ... sort=3&o=9
ImageImage
PaulMc
Colonel
Colonel

Re: My first battle with Pike & Shotte c.1690... (LOADS OF P

Post by PaulMc » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:43 pm

Hi Chema,

This is fantastic, great to see the collection all out on the table. I hope you enjoyed your game.
"We shall attack across the minefield, under cover of daylight!"
chema1986
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: My first battle with Pike & Shotte c.1690... (LOADS OF P

Post by chema1986 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Thank you :) Yes, we had a great fun , but need to increase the proportion of cavalry in order to be more historically accurate and give more emotion to the game