Hessen-Kassel and Swabia Standards

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
Darkman
Major
Major

Hessen-Kassel and Swabia Standards

Post by Darkman » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:00 pm

As the title says looking for imformation on standards for the infantry and cavalry regiments for the above. Can anyone help.
danschorr
Major
Major

Post by danschorr » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:25 am

Colours and standards of Hesse-Kassel regiments are covered in Robert Hall's book on Hesse-Kassel and the Upper Rhine Circle. The book is available from the Pike and Shot Society or Caliver. A CD of the book is available from Baccus 6mm.

Colours of the Swabian Circle regiments are available in August Kühn's book that has been translated and published by Pat Condray, "The Armies of the Imperial Circles of Swabia, Franconia...". It is also available from Caliver.

Hope this helps.

Dan
Darkman
Major
Major

Post by Darkman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:48 am

Hi, Thanks for the answer. I think at almost £90 I will pass up Robert Halls Book, but I am off to Colours at Newbury this weekend so will do some hunting there as I know that Caliver and Baccus will be there.

Thanks again.
hwiccee

Post by hwiccee » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:01 am

Buy the CD's, they are cheap.
Darkman
Major
Major

Post by Darkman » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:50 pm

Well spent my money on the Hessen Kassel CD but due the amount of metal I bought have not had time to look at it yet.

As I only need two Swabian Cavalry standards for cuirassier? squadrons buying the CD was a very expensive way of doing it. Would it be possible for someone to give me an idea of the colours?

Thanks
danschorr
Major
Major

Post by danschorr » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:20 pm

Contact me at danschorr@verizon.net