Dutch Salisch regiment

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
footslogger
Major
Major

Dutch Salisch regiment

Post by footslogger » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:35 pm

I'd like to paint these guys but not sure about how.

I have the Robert Hall plate for them at Ramillies and he depicts them in white/gray coats with red facings, red waistcoat, white breeches and stockings.

Belaubre/Goldberg doesn't have text but the plate they produce shows them with white/gray coats with yellow facings and red stockings.

I have no idea which to go for.
Thoughts?
danschorr
Major
Major

Post by danschorr » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:18 pm

Hall is correct. This is supported by Belaubre and Dr F.G.de Wilde, and August Kühn.

I believe the Golberg plate is mislabelled. The Wagner plate done bz Golberg indicates red facings.

Hope this helps.
footslogger
Major
Major

Post by footslogger » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:41 pm

Thanks, Dan. It does help!
footslogger
Major
Major

Post by footslogger » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:56 pm

danschorr wrote:Hall is correct. This is supported by Belaubre and Dr F.G.de Wilde, and August Kühn.

I believe the Golberg plate is mislabelled. The Wagner plate done bz Golberg indicates red facings.

Hope this helps.
Thanks again. Looking at your response makes me want to understand the sources better. The sources I have are the Hall plates, and the set of publications on Dutch uniforms that are by Belaubre, Wilde, and Goldberg.
_Die Vereinigten Niederlande_ vol 6 by them has the plate that I was describing, but the text just refers to the plate. Is there a different source by Belaubre and Wilde with more text?

What is the source by Kuhn?

And what are the wagner plates?

thanks again!
Shann1870
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shann1870 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:13 pm

Hi Footslogger - have recently added this very regiment to my Grand Alliance Dutch army. I am no expert on the uniforms of this period, so I relied on the Hall plate. You are welcome to take a look at www.steve-nationsinarms.blogspot.com
footslogger
Major
Major

Post by footslogger » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:03 pm

Shann1870 wrote:Hi Footslogger - have recently added this very regiment to my Grand Alliance Dutch army. I am no expert on the uniforms of this period, so I relied on the Hall plate. You are welcome to take a look at www.steve-nationsinarms.blogspot.com
Nicely done! I'm going to be using the Hall plate based on Dan's advice. Funny, Slangenburg is the regiment I just completed!

I have two regiments of Spanish dragoons using the flags from Maverick Models. I'm pretty pleased with the flags for them.

Thanks.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:14 am

Shann1870 wrote:Hi Footslogger - have recently added this very regiment to my Grand Alliance Dutch army. I am no expert on the uniforms of this period, so I relied on the Hall plate. You are welcome to take a look at www.steve-nationsinarms.blogspot.com
Steve, very nice site!
I'm also interested to see what you do with the FPW. The mid 19th century is another period I am very interested in, especially the 1866 and FPW. I have shed loads of Autrians, French and Prussians still to paint and add to what I already have but .......Must paint Russians first, must paint Russians first.
Are you going to Partizan next Sunday?
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:01 pm

Yes it is lovely Steve.. congrats on that and those GA units are superb.. love the basing too!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford