Smaller battles rules for the period?

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Smaller battles rules for the period?

Post by barr7430 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:51 am

That is a possibility Ray but I had not intended them to be semi-skirmish. A thought none the less whch I will kick around :idea:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
markdo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by markdo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:02 pm

OK, count me in!
As Bart Simpson might say, "Are we there yet?" ( x20)
When do you think you might have it ready?
Mark
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:24 pm

Yeah, man! Get a move on!
flick40
Major General
Major General

Post by flick40 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:49 am

Is this BLB ala VWQ?
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:49 am

In the scary Harrison-Hilton mind meld scenario I think it would be quite credible to suspect it was Joe but in fact, the answer is no.

TMoE was a very specific brief given to me by Victrix : a set of rules with low risk entry level costs(ie a few units per side and even lower if those were plastic), a game with lots of action, simple principles, which a father could play with a son in 90 minutes.

I really did start with very simple principles. Have you seen TMoE?

The cards were/are a completely tangential idea which developed out of my desire to entertain my friends.. pure and simple. I wanted to make them laugh but not beyond the context of some semi believable but remarkable incidents in the game. These cards were developed to spice up games with Disposable Heroes but have grown into 9 different decks all with about 24 cards per deck.
I have trimmed the sails somewhat and come up with 2 x 24 card decks(one for each side) for TMoE.
I see clearly the core principles of TMoE and the cards are transferable to ANY theatre but I am restricting this to my own areas of interest:
Grand Alliance/Naps/ACW.
The ACW version of TMoE is already, ready. I have it in the bag for later. TMoE cavalry rules are now written but await a joit publication between Victrix and WordTwister. As I have retained the IP for all concepts and the cards I am free to turn it into a Grand Alliance set of rules which can and will include the use of Pirates, Moors, Raparees, French Canadians,Highlanders, Convenanter as well as the Regulars!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford