I've been pondering on some questions, so I thought I'd see what you chaps thought. Facts would be nice but I not holding out any hope at all so your own idea's will do nicely!
1. Cannon's Irish - What do you think there uniform could have been and also the BLB make up of the unit e.g 2-1 shot to pike??
2. Lord Kenmure's foot in bonnets or not?
3. Leven's foot in grenadier caps or not?
4. The Williamite cavalry? As there were roughly 110 men, I was thinking of using 1 BLB squadron. As these were locally raised would/should these be dressed as Scots or as normal Williamite Horse/Dragoons?
5. The Jacobite Cavalry? Wallace's Horse contained only 40 men. Which will have to be 1 BLB squadron otherwise its not worth bothering with, so does that mean the Williamite's should have 2 squadrons now????
6. I'm totally confused about Lauder's Fusiliers on the Williamite side, that I've read about in several sources. These sources include both Lauders and Balfour's in their OOB. Are they one in the same unit???George Lauder took over Barthold Balfours regt on 9 Oct 1689 or are they a detachment as they're a small unit or something completely different???? Help!
The sources I've been using are the
William III Scotland & Ireland 81-91-Sapherson
From Pike to Shot - Grant
Battle of Killiecrankie - An article by G Cummings in an old WI
I've struggled to find any newer, dare I say it more accurate info? Can anyone point me to any other references?