French Cavalry use ULB

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
rage13

French Cavalry use ULB

Post by rage13 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:16 pm

Hi,
New to the rules. Subscribed today after playing a game yesterday down my club.

My question is about the usage of French cavalry. Rules stage Allied regts represented by 1 six fig sqdn, but that French & Imperialist regts could be up to 6 sqdns.

Should these all maneuvre together? If so when rolling movement die does the Regt count as a single unit so it all moves together or does it fragment?

Finally on combat if a 3 sqdn regt is in combat & loses does just the losing sqdn test, or is the test for the whole regt? Is this still the case in 2nd rounds when every figure would get to fight?

Sorry there are a lot of questions here, but I think they are very important if you are a French player.

Look forward to getting my own ruleset shortly.

Dik
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:56 pm

Hello Dik and welcome!

Allied regiments(Dutch and English particularly) tended to be rather smaller hence the one squadron regiment. I would tend to brigade these is three to four squadrons making them the size of two French(two sqdn regts) or one (three squadron regt) .

The squadrons don't need to stay together but can operate and test independently. If one fails a test then the other don't automatically break.

I have experimented with multi squadron charges from the one regiment but at the moment the existing rules work pretty well. :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford