Some WWII British (28mm)

general discussion points related to gaming, painting and modelling in this period
14th Brooklyn
Colonel
Colonel

Some WWII British (28mm)

Post by 14th Brooklyn » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:03 pm

Just posted some pictures of the nucleus for my British Infantry Platoon. There are Officers, NCO, Radio, Bren teams, Piat Teams and Vickers. Minis are by Victory Force, Bolt Action, Warlord and Artizan:

http://dhcwargamesblog.wordpress.com/20 ... entry-5-1/

All men are from the 1st South Lancashires.

Enjoy,

Burkhard
And the usual preview (as always far more clickeable pictures on the blog itself):

obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Some WWII British (28mm)

Post by obriendavid » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:01 am

Very nice Burkhard! I've never been that interested in the Normandy landings although the Walchern campaign has always interested me. My late war French are for the landings in the South of France in 1944 and the Sicily campaign has always sparked my interest but my overall favourite period has always been the early war especially the French campaign in 1940 for which I have masses of troops in 20mm but all my later war figures are 28mm.
Cheers
Dave
14th Brooklyn
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Some WWII British (28mm)

Post by 14th Brooklyn » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:05 am

Thank you, David!

For me it is all 28mm, never could stand anything smaller. Plus you only need on set of terrain that way.
Walchern is very interesting to me as well. Most people ignore it as a side show to Market Garden, but I think it is one of the most interesting campaigns of the war.
If you like early war stuff, today's post will make you happy! ;)