Is it SAFE?

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Is it SAFE?

Post by Blucher » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:07 pm

Gents

With todays 'announcement' about the 'rapid escalation' of Swine Flu, North of the Border, can any of you please shed light on 'the situation'?

Down here in 'Gods Country', the national press (mainly the Daily Telegraph- now beginning to 'dry up' on MP's expenses 'diatribe') have calculeted that if the 'daily doubling' of Swine Flu cases continues, by the LoGW weekender, 5 Million of you Jocks, will be 'carriers'!!!

One must beg the question..........'will a Good Looking Englishman, travelling 'in Mordor', be at RISK?

Secondly, can any of you confirm 'the rumour' circulating 'down here', that Gordon Brown (one of your 'own'!) has put inplace, certain 'contingency plans'? These consist of granting the SNP, FULL Independence for Scotland.........on the basis that they are prepared to build a 30ft barrier/enclosure right round the borders, just like in the movie 'DOOMSDAY'. In a TV interview/statement (only shown in England) he thought it a good idea, with which to 'curry favour' with us Sassenachs!

All of your thoughts and advice would be appreciated.

Blucher 'the worried'.
General Schnapps
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by General Schnapps » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:05 pm

OK OK looks like I'm the one to say what I think everyone else is probably thinking.
A good looking Englishman probably would be safe, so surfice to say you might be better bringing some sort of protective mask with you Adrian, preferably a full face one :wink:
Sorry to be blunt but you did ask :lol:
your good friend
Schnapps.
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:43 pm

Kev

Thanks for being the first to reply AND for being 'brutally honest'!

Having lined myself up for such an obvious 'retort', I could'nt believe it took so many 'views' of my 'comment', before any of you replied!!!!

One of the best reasons for being associated with you guys, is the Celtic humour and wit!

I seemed to have shot wide of the mark with this latest attempt.

Back to the drawing Board!

Looking forward to the Weekender....

..........'The Man In The Iron Mask'...........
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:50 pm

Would that be a GIMP MASK Adrian? or am I venturing too far towards your other Skeleton in the Cupboard.. The Scots Gays? : :lol:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:34 pm

Barry

I'll be 're visiting' the idea of raising a regt and I'll be bringing up 'recruiting forms' to the Weekender!

I'm hoping to be allowed 30 mins over the weekend to discuss 'recruitment' with you Gents (again!) at that time.

Enough for now.

Just off to 'wax the saddle'.................

'Ponsonby'
TigerLili
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TigerLili » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:12 pm

If any of your "rumours" were true Adrian then pigs might fly.........Swine flew?
:lol:
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:44 pm

You are a wit Colin 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dale » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:28 am

Blucher, the only bug you've caught up here is the wargaming one. Your brandy and ginger libations would kill off anything that moved. We do think it rather odd when you smear it all over your chest though!
I can't believe I'm going to say this but we're all looking forward to seeing you at the weekend. Wait, let me check what side you're on first.
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:45 am

Adrian , old buddy and fighting on the same side for once. You, me and Andy this will be a new experience.

I'll bring along the anti-bacterial hand wash just in case you pick up any nasty germs when helping dispose of those French units!
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:58 pm

Thanks Peter

I'm bringing up my own' Michael Jackson' type 'Sterile Bubble'. I'm currently trying to attach a couple of Sainsbury's plastic bags to the front of it to be used as 'arm sleeves' so I can move my figures and throw dice.

If it does'nt work (and theres glue everywhere at the minute!), then I may have to rely on you and Andy for all my 'game play'.

I still can not believe that 'they' have allowed 'us 3' to be on the same side!

It will be 'utter carnage'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only (very slim) chance that the French have of winning, is if me, you and Andy start fighting each other- which actually is quite likely!!!!!!!!!

Count Lottum