Future Venue?

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Future Venue?

Post by obriendavid » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:10 pm

Chaps, Barry and myself just ran a very succesful weekends gaming at this hotel and looking at the space we had available, the accomodation and helpfulness of the staff this looks a perfect venue for future game.

http://www.lundin-links-hotel.co.uk/

So far from our group, Barry, David, Peter, Colin, Angus, Charles and myself have all been there thought what a great venue it is and this would be worth discussing at our next get together in June. If we were using the room we were in at the weekend we could probably have a 45'x26' table, now that would be worth seeing. Another added advantage is that they have 3 seperate rooms we could use so we could be fighting seperate linked battles without anyone else knowing what's going on until enemy/friendly troops start arriving on your table, this could give some very interesting games and would be good for something like the 1814 campaign we are about to start on.

Cheers
Dave

Cheers
Dave
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:39 am

I'm "game" for a change of venue. From the comments on the forum looks like the R2E weekender was a big success. Hope my French Cuirassiers got into the fray and covered themselves with glory. Their battle honours under my command so far have been "mixed" i.e. not very good.
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:42 am

You be reassured to know Peter that they are consistent! :wink: ....

Mixed :lol:

One unit did great work taking out Ray's beautiful 12th LD however another was bounced and routed by the Gordon Highlanders who dealt with them whilst still in line!!!! :shock:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
General Schnapps
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by General Schnapps » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:34 pm

Barry, I hope you called Dave Imrie through from the other room to witness that last event :lol:
Kev
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:52 pm

He never came back after the Black Watch broke until the game was over to help clear up.

What do you think about a new venue?
Cheers
Dave
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:42 am

Chaps

Sounds like a great option.

For me its not really an issue - anywhere from Grimsby's a 'trek'.

Lets discuss in June.

Blucher
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:27 am

Bob, who came up for the Waterloo weekender is from your neck of the woods and he was very impressed with the whole area and is planning a longer stay the next time he's up. If we go for this venue then you would only need to get the train to Kirkcaldy which is only about 6 miles away. I think there is a local train that gets even closer and Dave Imrie could keep you right about that as I remember him taking Angus to the station on Sunday.

Cheers
Dave
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:11 am

Dave

Thanks for the update - sounds fine.

Read the 'reports' on The Waterloo Weekender, seems like you had a great weekend.

Blucher
Richard73

Post by Richard73 » Mon May 10, 2010 3:57 pm

If ever you feel a need to get away from it all and feel a little closer to France you could all pop over to Jersey. We have an excellent club venue (a bowls club) with plenty of space and a bar! There are also plenty of good hotels in the island too.
Cheers,
Richard
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon May 10, 2010 5:25 pm

Is that you offering to fly us all over there Richard?
Very kind of you. :lol:

My parents had been over there a few times and loved the island and I have always said I would like to go one day.

Cheers
Dave
Richard73

Post by Richard73 » Mon May 10, 2010 6:50 pm

Ahh, if only we were all millionaire philanthropists... :)