League of Gentlemen Wargamers(Caledonian Chapter) Next Game

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:05 pm

Gentlemen, Obviously I am not a time travelling doctor :roll: . I am but a humble soldier courageously leading his men across Europe accompanied by his faithfull companion 'Heinkel' the Daschund.
I can however tell you that as a young officer I found myself attatched to the Prussian Intellegence Corps and was assigned to covert operations inside Revolutionary France :shock: Yes Kellerman I was none other than the legendary "PRUSSIAN PIMPERNEL" :shock: :shock:
A popular ditti through out Europe was:
They search him here, They search him there,
They search that Prussian everywhere,
Is he in Paris or down in Marsaille,
maybe in Berlin, we just can't say :D

exciting times but I don't like to talk about it :)

regards Schnapps 8)
ps Heinkel says Hello.
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:45 pm

Mein Herr Schnapps,

Are we now to believe , that your pet poddle "Heinkel" is the "Herr Doctor", or are YOU just the tail wagging the proverbial doggy. It would make sense after all, of your predeliction to sniffing about in ditches and such likes.. :lol: :lol:

Your notoriety as an intelligence officer PRECEDED you in Paris, we had heard of the one woof for yes, and two woofs for no - but I wager you were the one pulling the little dogs tail :lol:

No matter as to the real identity of "The Doctor" , Madame will take care of both you, and your little POODLE :lol:

Looking forward to seeing your passport at the "Airlie Arms", Mein Herr, best not forget your pets passport too, - the penalty for non observance is instant beheading, and curiously enough, the locals do enjoy a bit 'O POTTED HEID"

Kellerman

(so much looking forward to your interrogtion and subsequent execution - but only after a few pints of probably the best lager in the world - "Carlsberg", - and probably the best wargame in the world.)

Yours aye, Bob :wink: :wink:
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:25 am

Great to hear of the progress made in building the Prussian legions which rumour has it will now consist of 16? 36 man battalions and at least 24 squadrons of 6 figures plus 12 or 14 guns?.

Add to that two British Divisions, A Russian Corps, Dutch-Belgians and a Bavarian Brigade and we'll probably need Dale Smith's entire French collection to deal with it!! :shock:

Scenario should be complete within the next ten days or so.

B
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:34 am

You're up late mate :!:
Nice to see everyone on Saturday. :D
Shipyard is in full swing 8)
Looking forward to layout and orbats. :)

Thinredline
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:37 am

Hello Bob,
I know! I should be in bed! driving to Penrith tomorrow 0645 aaaaaaaaaaaaaghh... anyway just time to paint another figure before hit the hay! 8)

Henry Ford
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:48 am

Safe journey :)

Bob
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:00 pm

How does that old songwriting cliche go?..... It came to me in a dream :oops: well not quite! but hey, it came to me in an airport lounge whilst totally bored out of my t***!

The scenario is written for the bash. Trailer in the inboxes of the 'Gentlemen' also posted in the WARCHEST -SCENARIOS for any other interested members on the site. I have a good feeling about this one, hope it works out well! :shock: :shock:

B

Henry Ford
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:30 pm

Saddle your horses Kellerman, Schnapps is about to march ! :twisted:
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:28 am

Bon soir mon colonel,

Should'nt take long, even if you march at a goose step, "my Boys " will soon ride you down on your headlong flight back to Prussia :roll:

Kellerman