New LoGW BoB gallery started

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

New LoGW BoB gallery started

Post by barr7430 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:53 pm

"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:26 pm

Barry, the pics have turned out really well. I hope you don't mind me using some of them for my Back of Beyond newsletter and a full report of what appeared to be going on. Having said that there seemed to be some dodgy dealings going on that event us umpires didn't know about. The weekend went so well and Colin and myself were discussing ideas for the next one on the way home in the car whilst trying to avoid snow drifts.

Cheers
Dave
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:43 pm

Barry, I hope you managed to get a shot of the destroyed monastry, blown up by Peter's evil film crew. Even worse was Dale's Bolsheviks gunning down the fleeing monks in the back because he thought they were the film crew in disguise. At least that's the excuse he's giving.

Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:04 am

Hi Dave,

of course not, what's mine is the LoGW's! Yes I do have more pics including the Monastery and various other bits and pieces. Rather than drip them in I'll try and up load the rest tomorrow. There are rather a lot!!

As you can see I did enjoy it very much and have spent some time today combing over sites for figures and the like.

B

Henry Ford
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:18 pm

STOP PRESS

Coming to a cinema near you , Max Factor in conjunction with Wolf Studios proudly presents " The Mad Baron - my part in his downfall ".

A true tale of double dealing in the Back of Beyond. For the first time ever on film witness the sadistic destruction of the regions holiest of places by the Mad Baron's secret agents. The slaughter of innocent priests by fanatical White Russians and the despoiling of ancient burial sites by German archaeologists. See the heroic daring of Peter Perfect in his latest stunning adventure.

Directed by Max Factor
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
Tellus
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tellus » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:32 pm

To me this sounds all a bit confusing :wink:
No really this sounds like a lot of fun,fortunatly I'll resist.But here's something you would like to see:

http://www.backofbeyond.de/

This chap is a real fanatic!
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:56 pm

Fantastic link Tellus! I really like the eay this guy has laid it all out.

Please don't believe Max Factor's rubbish in the previous post..the 'American Film Crew'(sic) shot more men in the back, poisoned more people, double crossed, bombed, sabotaged, straffed and desacrated more holy places than the other eleven players put together. I feel the need to write an article about it!!!! :wink:

Henry Ford
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:13 am

See the yeti's made "The Back of Beyond Times". Issue 12

I had to write a letter to Private Leadheads mum, and I don't thnk she appreciated what the yeti did with her son's face. Never mind, the British Zoological Society were very interested in the Yeti corpses.

Yuri Deadovitch (Count)
(with recolletions of his one minute claim to fame :( )

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:47 pm

Who to believe - an honest photo journalist / pacifist or a Mad Baron !
Alpha
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Yeti more BOB

Post by Alpha » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:03 pm

Bob did the Brits/ Yeti hunters ever get into my village?
Dave Imrie
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:26 pm

The Brits didn't get in but some Indian Army of God managed to sneak in the back door.

David, just incase you are wondering Mike Anderson's Chinese army won the game. If you took away your playsheet have a look in the middle and you will find your campaign medal for taking part in the game. We hope to have plenty more at the club.

Cheers
Dave
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:16 pm

David,

As Dave says, the Brits did'nt manage the village, something to do with Dave taking over from you, gassing my guys in the field, back stabbing them as they attacked the Chinese - but hey - wait till the next one, I have the general drift of what can be accomplished with what (thanks to Mssrs O'Brien and Jack explaining the pros and cons,

- AND NO - Count Yuri will NOT charge machine guns again from the front, with cavalry, well, at least not on HORSES :wink:

Ver nice to see you and the est of the "League" once again :)

Thinredline
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:31 pm

David I,

YOU NEARLY WON THE GAME AND YOU WENT AWAY ABOUT 4.30 ON THE FIRST DAY... THE MESSAGE HERE IS... I'M NOT TURNING UP FOR THE NEXT ONE...I'LL WIN HANDS DOWN 8)

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:32 pm

It was very interesting doing the scoring and seeing how the lead changed from each category. At one point David was in the lead but when you looked at another Steve was in the lead then it was Dale and Adrian and finally when they were all added together Mike ended up the winner which was quite surprising as he seemed to have quite a qiet game for most of the time except for those sneaky Whites attacking and destroying his armoured train. Then things seemed to get worse with the Japanese landing in his rear, Brits/Whites advancing on his flank and more Whites and Reds in front of him. It was his final last dash into Samarkand in the last move to rescue Phatti that won him the game.

Cheers
Dave
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:55 pm

AAAAAAH BUTTT !

There is no capital in being an honest gentleman in this game. :evil:

As his progenitors, the good Count Yuri remonstrated in front of the foe, to be sniped at and GASSED, MACHINE GUNNED AND GENERALLY EXTERMINATED in front of a cowardly foe. :shock:

At least I may commend the great Grandson of Colonel Schnapps for not perpretrating these obscenities. ( I gather he was too busy elsewhere with other Bolsheviks and the like, and I shall further investigate the possibility of alliances with the like of Schapps and gentlemen of greater standing than some (of the back stabbers encountered erstwhile) :)

As for the Merciless Ming, he would be nowhere without the honest brokerage of the good Count Yuri. As for the Japanese, well I closely scrutinised their actions, acted as honest broker to them as well, and was hardly surprised at the rape of "Nanking"

The world of chivalry was lost long ago, it seems that the world of decency and that of gentlemanly warfare has also passed unto a darker age.

So be it (the gloves are off) :twisted: :twisted:
Extreme actions of inhumaity desensitise the victim to the point that he is capable of perpretrating equal and greater acts of barbarity upon his agressors :wink: Watch your backs :!:

Yours,

Count Yuri