16th/17th March 2013 Back of Beyond

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

16th/17th March 2013 Back of Beyond

Post by Dale » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:53 pm

Colin Jack and Dave O'Brien will take us back to the 1920s/1930s on the flying carpet of their collective mind. Their tenuous grip on reality is likely to stretch our minds too.
Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: 16th/17th March 2013 Back of Beyond

Post by Dale » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:06 am

Colin and Dave, are there any areas we need to be working on for this game? Any special requirements?

I did some Indian type tribesmen---mobs for the last game and seem to remember that somewhere in the deepest recesses of my lead Himalayas there are more half painted spear and sword armed locals awaiting the call. Would you have any need for more of this type of cannon fodder?

Are there any bits and pieces you want us to make for the game?
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:30 pm

Dale wrote: I did some Indian type tribesmen---mobs for the last game and seem to remember that somewhere in the deepest recesses of my lead Himalayas there are more half painted spear and sword armed locals awaiting the call. Would you have any need for more of this type of cannon fodder?
Are there any bits and pieces you want us to make for the game?
We started discussions on this on the way home from the Borodino weekend, (that's dedication for you) and what we thought we might like involved and what others could supply. So the basic answer is yes paint up what you have as we will need lots of different factions to stir up the usual mayhem and back stabbing. Barry and Adrian should be in their elements so Toggy beware :lol: Basic factions will include White and Red Russians, Mongolians, Japanese, Interventionist Brits and Americans (not neccessarily on the same side) Indian army of God (Dale) Czech Legion, Tibetans, Turks, Afghans and various Chinese factions (also not on the same side). We will have trains, planes and automobiles as well as ships and even a Zepplin so hopefully there will be something for everyone. There will also be a full supporting cast of characters and armour.
Cheers
Dave
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:48 pm

Colin and myself had further discussions about the weekend game on thursday and the basic table layouts have been agreed and a rough idea of factions sorted out.

What we need now from you guys is who is able to come along for the weekend and what troops from previous weekend games do you still have? You can either reply here or email me directly.
Cheers
Dave
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:54 pm

hi guys, looking forward to the March game. Are there any details yet of what is needed ?
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:42 am

sharnydubs wrote:hi guys, looking forward to the March game. Are there any details yet of what is needed ?
Peter, could you let Colin know what figures you still have for the period.
The only things the guys really need to have is a brass neck and good armour protection for all the back stabbing that is bound to take place, especially from Barry and Adrian. Bob beware!!! :wink:
Cheers
Dave
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:12 am

I still have everything from our last game plus some unpainted stuff which I can get ready. I will look it out and send you a list.

I bought some stuff from Adrian but then on sold it to Colin .

Chow

Peter
Peter

obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:21 pm

sharnydubs wrote:I still have everything from our last game plus some unpainted stuff which I can get ready. I will look it out and send you a list. I bought some stuff from Adrian but then on sold it to Colin .
Peter
I believe 'Mad Baron' Hilton still has all his toys plus Kev new has a collection and with Angus' Turks and Afghans and Colin's and my collection we should have plenty of troops for everyone.
Cheers
Dave
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Guys

.....I'm not sure where of this so called reputation I seem to have acquired when playing BoB games has come from. I personally think I conduct myself in a very gentleman like manner, with openess and honesty practically being my mantra....

.....Anyway....If any of you need any further proof of this I can confirm that from 1st May 2013, my whole family have been accepted to join the local East Midlands Kilburnite Colony and with my knowledge and qualification in Finance, I am to take up the position of 'Money Boss' (and yes - it is an actual 'senior position')....what more proof do you want!!!!!

'Upset and Hurt' - (Grimsby)
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:16 am

Only a week to go!
Most of the plans have been finalised and a few more figures to finish.
Can everyone please remember their dice, tape measures, brass necks, back protection and any figures and/or buildings you are supplying.
Colin and I are looking to be there for 6 a quick bite to eat then at the hall for 7 to set up. See you all then.
Cheers
Dave
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:28 am

Bob, sent you a private email but just incase you don't get it I just want to confirm that your sea shore tiles are already at the guide hall?
If they aren't there could you please bring them down with you, we need 8ft of shore line.
Cheers
Dave
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:56 am

Could you use a WW1 U boat?
Peter

obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:59 am

sharnydubs wrote:Could you use a WW1 U boat?
We hadn't planned on one but bring it along anyway and I can add it into the special events, there will be plenty during the weekend so there's a good chance of the U boat making an appearance under any nationality. Colin and myself will make up some simple rules for it if it makes an appearance.
Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:30 pm

Could you use a flying saucer?

I don't have one but I just thought I'd ask...
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:44 pm

Now Barry we are getting a wee bit cheeky!

Maybe not a flying saucer but an air balloon might be a good idea!

Chow

Peter
Peter