PIRATE GAME

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:05 pm

To answer yer postscript,
The poop deck is not what you think it is,
That place is called the heads, and its up forrard,
and one bares one "cheeks" to leeward before "letting go"

Thinredline
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:40 pm

This is just a note for those guys who haven;t booked accommodation at the Heugh yet. I spoke to Kevin on Saturday and couldn't get a double room for the Saturday night he only had one single room left and I certainly wasn't going to cozy up to Angus on a single bed. Someone just phoned before me and booked the last three double rooms for a wedding party. Angus and myself will be staying in the Belvedere Hotel which is only a few hundred yards away.

Cheers
Dave
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:24 pm

Dave, thanks for pointing this out. I suspect the booking at the Heugh is for a wedding at another venue possibly the St Leonards Hotel which is down the hill on Bath Street.

If anyone can't get accomodation let me know and I'll see if I can kick the dogs out of their baskets. Well after all , you are going to be Pirates. Or a hammock in the garden for Naval Bob.

I'll be sending out a spreadsheet soon to gather information on what everyone can provide for the game. Main needs will be for ships and figures (Pirates, Navy, Government). I've got a fair amount to cover but I know how much everyone enjoys playing with their own toys. If anyone has fortifications that would suit a coastal/port defence , rocks, islands etc please let me know.

Speaking of which Kevin has been building an excellent Pirate Ship using the Balck Pearl model from the Disney Store. Only £20 online (it was £30 in the store). Great size for 28mm. Needs a bit of curtting and painting but a nice model.

Rules are coming along and should be playtested again in early February. Any resemblance they have to history is purely co-incidental.

chow

Peter
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
PaulMc
Colonel
Colonel

room

Post by PaulMc » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:57 pm

Hi folks,

Finally managed to get round to booking a room. Now to prepare in earnest (I'm polishing my cutlass as I sit here) :wink: .

Paul
"We shall attack across the minefield, under cover of daylight!"
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:48 pm

Peter,
RE Government Troops - Can I assume that the figures should be based singly.
Thinredline
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:32 am

Given that this is really a grand skirmish game all figures should be based singly. I think Dave O'Brien said he has suitable figures if not I have then probably some from the Marburian to SYW period. I have quite a lot but will probably have to rebase them.
Peter

thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:41 pm

Have 96 SYW Redcoats, and 28 artillerymen, but will save the inventory for your spreadsheet. :lol:

HMS Britannia has just completed fitting out in the Yard and undergoes sea trials shortly before hand over to Lord Robert(s) :D :D

(Admiral) Duncan has a VERY LARGE pirate ship from ELC, complete with crew and VERY LARGE CANNON. hE WANTS TO BLOW HIS DAD'S SHIPS OUTTA THA WATER :shock: :shock:

Thinredline
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:15 pm

Having aquired and booked passage on HMS 'GNER' sailing from the refined port of 'Grimly' and landing at the fair port of 'Stoneyhaven' on 16th March, I just hope that my trip won't be in 'VANE' and I hope to 'TEACH' you all a lesson in Pirating!!!!!!!

[/img] :evil:

'BLUCHERBEARD'
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:40 pm

Thanks to those who have already replied to my email and completed the spreadsheet. Looks like a good collection of pirates and ships between us all. Charles has also found an excellent Ian Weekley Fort St Elmo model which will make an appearance.

Peter
Peter

sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:03 am

I have now received in replies from most of those planning on being at the March game. Sounds like we may run out of sea for all of the ships planning on being there.

If any of you have suitable terrain for ports, harbours or islands would you please let me know.

thanks
Peter
Peter

sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:19 am

Apologies to one and all that I haven't sent out any updates or replied to some of your emails in the last couple of weeks. I have had some serious work committments which will come to a conlcusion by mid next week.

Plans are progressing for the Pirate game, thnaks to all who completed the spreadsheet and told me what toys they can bring.

If you plan being on Stonehaven on the Friday night I will run a fun game for all interested. Don't worry if you can make it. we won't be setting up the Heugh until early Saturday morning and I'm hoping the set up time will be a lot less than normal since we don't have 4,000 figures to organise.

chow
Peter
Peter

thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:41 pm

Peter,
I will be up Saturday morning with my gear - what time do you gain access on Saturday ?
Thinredline
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:31 pm

Bob , good to hear from you. We will get into the Heugh about 8am so if you can be there for about 9 am thast would be great. Can you remind me what coastal terrain tiles you have as we may need half a dozen maximum.

If you do manage to stay even for a bit of the day there will certyainly be a space

all the best

Peter
Peter

thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:49 pm

Peter,

Best idea would be just to bring em all - the Coastal tiles that is.
Struggling to finish off my sailors at present. Have Agamemnon (20 guns) and Britannia (38 guns) currently undergoing sea trials and awaiting handover to His Majesties Navy.
As mentioned on the spreadsheet, I have 1745 redcoats, (96 braw lads for service in the colonies) which will be rebased for the fight.

Thinredlne
PaulMc
Colonel
Colonel

Post by PaulMc » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:40 pm

Hi guys,

I'm sorry to have to say that I've had to cancel my booking at the Heugh. I am no longer able to make the forthcoming LOGW weekend. I just have too much on my plate family wise at the moment.

So, many apologies to everyone, I hope you all have a fantastic weekend. I could really have done with the break too. Hopefully I'll be able to make June's game.

Paul
"We shall attack across the minefield, under cover of daylight!"