YO HO HO! Thanks Peter & Andrew

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

YO HO HO! Thanks Peter & Andrew

Post by barr7430 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:06 pm

Peter & Andrew,

thanks for running a superb weekend!

Briliantly planned
Wonderfully executed
Hugely entertaining

Cheers

Barry Van Transit (Dutch East India Company) :wink:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: YO HO HO! Thanks Peter & Andrew

Post by obriendavid » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:01 pm

barr7430 wrote:Peter & Andrew,

thanks for running a superb weekend!
Briliantly planned
Wonderfully executed
Hugely entertaining

Barry Van Transit (Dutch East India Company) :wink:
Sorry, I thought you were called Barry Bak Stabber the infamous Dutch Pirate.

Couldn't agree more about all the work that Peter and Andrew did to make the weekend such an excellent time. Thanks guys and to all the other "gents" who always make these weekends memorable.

Check out Angus' site, our pirate expert to see loads of other pics from the weekend.
www.edinburghwargames.com

Cheers
Dave (aka, Comte Pierre le Feu, governor of Skunk Island
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Thank Yeee

Post by Blucher » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:39 pm

Thanks to 'The Brothers Nicholson' for a 'hoot of a weekend'. There was obviously a lot of thought, time and effort put into the event- so much so , there are NO 'laminating materials' to be found north of Durham!!!
Also thanks to the rest of ' the crew' whose company and banter continues to make the time that we are not actually 'playing', just as good as the games.

P.S. Thank you to Barry for his kind words at the end of his 'editorial' about the game- it bought a tear of joy to my eye!

'Blucherbeard'
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:09 pm

Nice to see you all again, and I have but one regret - :shock:
"Admiral Duncan" pestered me all the way home - :lol:
"Dad, can we have a wargame using the ships before tea" :!:

looks like a MAST, sorry, must 8)

Thinredline

Well done Andrew +Peter 8) 8)
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."
Angus Konstam
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Pirate Shinnanigans

Post by Angus Konstam » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:46 am

Dear swashbucklers, shipmates and scurvy dogs,

Thank you all very much for inviting me up to Stonehaven, and for running such a fantastic game. I've learned a valuable lesson - I should have followed the sage advice of the PBR skipper in Apocalypse Now - Don't get off the boat!

I've posted loads of pictures of the game on my anorak website - www.edinburghwargames.com - so please, check 'em out! Just go to the latest Journal section, then follow the piratical links!

If you fellas ever need a spare scurvy-afflicted hand for another game - piratical or otherwise - just let me know, as it was a pleasure gaming with you!

Best Wishes,

The late Black Angus
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:50 pm

Just like to add my thanks to Peter and Andrew for a great weekend I know how much time and effort they put into the whole thing. Enjoyed everyones company as usual and look forward to the next one in June.
Kevin
ps For anyone that was at Peters on Fri night VIVA EL PRESIDENTE 8)
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:06 pm

Thanks for all of the kind words guys. It's good to know that all the work we put in was appreciated and the game enjoyed. And I think our Friday night Grape, Grain and Junta worked in that we all got know each other a lot better even if my malts did take a hammering.

Memorable events of weekend Pirate game for me were
* Angus and his once , twice three times a scurvy dog
* First blood being spilled by that notorious "merchant" Barry Van Transit
* Colin's wonderful female Pirate crew and pink dice and the immortal "brings a whole new meaning to picking up survivors" line
* Dave O'Brien's ability to judge character - welcoming double dealing Dale whilst shooting at Peter's peaceful merchant vessel !
* Kevin's love affair with the sea monster
* Kind Adrian's Pirate Junk offering protection (for a fee of course) to Peter and his smaller vessel
* the ineffectiveness of the Royal Navy - Andrew T. firing on the merchant whilst letting the Pirates drift past. Mike being more concerned with drawing down wages and whether or not he could take slaves on board !
* The death of Black Angus on Snake Island
* Clarence the gum toothed, blind, ham fisted lion taking four turns to kill one measly pirate
* Dale's insistence that "he knew where he was" even when he didn't and Andrew must have got the map wrong !
* Bob's magnificent rigging
* Charles superb Fort and the gentlemanly way in which he sailed round it never venturing more than a foot away !
* The new naval manoeuvre - 180 degree anchor turns !

Looking forward to the next game - especially as I'm not planning it !

Peter
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
j1mwallace
Major General
Major General

Junta

Post by j1mwallace » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:18 pm

I take that the Junta you gentlemen are referring to is the excellent" team building" (and in no way double dealing, lying or downright cheating)boardgame which has lead to more swearwords and alcohol consumption than any other game played in deepest SW Scotland.We played it several years ago in the Bar in the Rutland hotel at the Sheffield triples. There must have been about 60 players playing in factions inside factions. Everyone was scared to go to the toilet in case they were plotted against and done in. We had the best turn I've ever seen when everyone got assasinated.... or was it plastered.
Jim W
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:49 pm

sharnydubs wrote: Memorable events of weekend Pirate game for me were
* Angus and his once , twice three times a scurvy dog
* First blood being spilled by that notorious "merchant" Barry Van Transit
* Colin's wonderful female Pirate crew and pink dice and the immortal "brings a whole new meaning to picking up survivors" line
* Dave O'Brien's ability to judge character - welcoming double dealing Dale whilst shooting at Peter's peaceful merchant vessel !
* Kevin's love affair with the sea monster
* Kind Adrian's Pirate Junk offering protection (for a fee of course) to Peter and his smaller vessel
* the ineffectiveness of the Royal Navy - Andrew T. firing on the merchant whilst letting the Pirates drift past. Mike being more concerned with drawing down wages and whether or not he could take slaves on board !
* The death of Black Angus on Snake Island
* Clarence the gum toothed, blind, ham fisted lion taking four turns to kill one measly pirate
* Dale's insistence that "he knew where he was" even when he didn't and Andrew must have got the map wrong !
* Bob's magnificent rigging
* Charles superb Fort and the gentlemanly way in which he sailed round it never venturing more than a foot away !
* The new naval manoeuvre - 180 degree anchor turns !
Peter
My most memorable moment was the look on Dales face when sailed in and bombarded my port only to be told that he had just sparked off an major international incident as Britain and France were not at war with each other. He was still appologising as we were all going home on the Sunday afternoon. :lol:

Cheers
Dave
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:39 am

I seem to have mislaid my box of jungle scenery for the Pirate game. If any of my Piratical or merchant brothers should find it in their hold please let me know . It's in a clear plastic sealable box.

thanks

Peter
Peter

barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:14 am

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!

You spent the whole weekend with a gang of Pirates and you thoght they wouldn't steal anything Peter!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:15 am

Jungle found panic over

thanks
Peter
Peter

obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:57 pm

Barry, love the latest pics of the pirate action especially the one of the Chinese junks.

We should have all guessed that when Adrian wasn't up to anything he really WAS up to something. his usual scullduggery but well played by him.

Cheers
Dave