D DAY GAME 16-17 June 2007

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

D DAY GAME 16-17 June 2007

Post by barr7430 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:45 am

Dear All,

a little update on the planning process for our D-DAY adventure.

We will now be using two scales over the weekend(but not at the same time!).

DAY 1:The beach landings will be done in 15mm using Flames of War. This will have a follow on breakout phase using a configuration of the same table.
DAY 2: An inland game using 28mm figures will constitute the second phase of the weekend. This will be on a different tavble set up.

Almost all of the models will be provided by myself and members of the EK Wargaming group who have very kindly agreed to 'lend' us there stuff. I think it only fair if we change that to 'lend-lease'. I would expect a nominal £5 contribution per head from all attendees to cover this favour and potenitally pay for any damages/repairs that may be required. The EK chaps HAVE NOT asked for it incidentally - my idea.

To share the load on this occasion I have also asked a special guest to come along and help umpire over the weekend. Gary ' Big Gazza' Martin is an extremely talented modeller and painter, expert in the rule set FoW and a rather nice chap too. He is also contributing a huge number of the models we are playing with. Gary is a regular visitor to this site and forum. Examples of his work can be found here in the forum and elsewhere in the galleries. There is also a link to his site from my links section Peter McCarroll is painting some stuff for the game. Andrew Thomson and Dale too. There is absolutely no pressure on any other members of the troupe to do anything but turn up and enjoy.

Places on this one are definitely on a first come first serve basis. Confirmations so far:

Colin Jack
Angus Konstam
Peter Nicholson
Andrew Nicholson
Kevin Calder
Andrew Thomson
Adrian Howe
Dale Smith
Mike Anderson
Charles Grant
Paul Mclauchlin
Peter McCarroll
Bob Lauder

Umpiring:
Barry Hilton
Gary Martin

Dave O Brien is a doubtful but will let us know asap.

I reckon if Dave is on for the weekend then we have a full house. If not we could squeeze in one more head but above that things will become a bit unmanagable.

Will keep you all posted through this thread.

Cheers

B 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:30 pm

Sounds good although the last time I played in a big 28mm WWII game (at the Heugh I recall) I ended up spending a small fortune on tanks and other bits of kit. Since then I've downsized my WWII interest to 20mm courtesy of Kevin getting me interested in Rapid Fire (what a fickle gamer I am).

So the bottom line Barry is that if you need figures etc for 15mm then I can't help because my eyesight can't handle it BUT I can possibly help with the 28mm end of things including scenery and vehicles. I did have a couple of Tiger tanks which were on the lend/lease arrangement but have now been placed on the gift list to a certain B. Hilton so I'm hoping they may already be making an appearance (as long as I'm a German player that is !)

chow for now

Peter
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:36 am

Now Peter,

I can't give away valauable battlefield intelligence such as tank numbers, types and locations :wink:
Be assured you need purchase no more 28mm figures or vehicles(but I think the last time I was in the Aladdin's cave which is your loft there were some other 28mm vehicles... half tracks? trucks? or something... do you still have those?) :roll:

Where you really will be able to help in in Norman real estate... boards , any hedges(or should I say Bocage?) villages etc

More communique(s) to follow 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: D DAY GAME 16-17 June 2007

Post by obriendavid » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:46 pm

barr7430 wrote: Places on this one are definitely on a first come first serve basis. Confirmations so far:

Colin Jack
Angus Konstam
Peter Nicholson
Andrew Nicholson
Kevin Calder
Andrew Thomson
Adrian Howe
Dale Smith
Mike Anderson
Charles Grant
Paul Mclauchlin
Peter McCarroll
Bob Lauder

Umpiring:
Barry Hilton
Gary Martin

Dave O Brien is a doubtful but will let us know asap.

B 8)
Guys, sadly I have to confirm that I definitely WILL NOT :cry: be attending the next game. Apart from my daughters annual ballet show which had been the original stumbling block I had completely forgotten about my mate (Cokes) wedding on the 16th so while you're up in sunny Kirrie Barry I'll be through in rainy EK.

Cheers
Dave