BLB 2 QRS

Any questions relating to Beneath the Lily Banners rule system.
infdiv197

BLB 2 QRS

Post by infdiv197 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:01 am

I got my copy of BLB 2 from a friend who went to Historicon.
I have to admit that I have not yet read it and I only thumbed through, but I have noticed that the QRS does not include movement, shooting, melee, etc. Is the QRS from the first edition still valid for that?
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am new to the rules, and have first edition but have not played that either yet. I plan to get two armies next year and get into the WSS then, and possibly GNW.
Thanks for the explanation.
Thomas
flick40
Major General
Major General

Re: BLB 2 QRS

Post by flick40 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:15 am

Not sure what happened there, but the QRS covers shooting, movement, morale, close combat, terrain effects, risk to generals and commander ability among other things. You should have 2 card stock QRS's. You may be missing one.
infdiv197

Post by infdiv197 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:34 pm

flick40,

Yes, looks like I am missing one of the card QRS's. No doubt.
I have the one with all the morale checks and modifiers.
Try to get this ordered, or copied from somebody.
Thanks for the reply.
This is by the way the most beautiful rule book I have ever owned.
Thanks,
Thomas
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:37 pm

Thanks, Thomas - we'll figure out how to get you the other sheet... :oops:
Dfogleman2
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Dfogleman2 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:48 am

I just check my copy and the page with movement, etc. Is making as well. Got mine through On Military Matters in the U.S.

Any suggestions on how I could get the missing page?
GrahamC
Corporal
Corporal

Post by GrahamC » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:18 pm

It has been way to long since I was on the site. I have now retired and incvested in BLB 2 and found the same issue, only 1 paly sheet that of the morale. Barry would be happy with a pdf version but anything would be useful.
Ive even started the Grand Alliance period again!!!!!!!
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:03 am

Nice to hear from you Graham 8)

Where did you get the book? I have supplied all of the requisite stuff to the traders and they should give it out. There are two play sheets. Did you get it from DT or Reiver? They will give you the missing one if you know where you got it. I only printed the exact number of playsheets for the number of books so we don;t sell them as seperates. If you have no luck let me know and I'll see what I can do...

What GA stuff are you doing and have you had a look at the new WARFARE stuff (yes that was a plug!)?
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Duke of Plaza-Toro
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Duke of Plaza-Toro » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:08 pm

Barry - I have to say we initially had some BLB 2 'QRS confusion' at Eureka Miniatures. No big deal and all quickly put right, but FYI I've just sent you a pm explaining why I think some of your resellers might have struggled with this a bit.

Cheers
John
In enterprise of martial kind, When there was any fighting, He led his regiment from behind -
He found it less exciting.

http://worldcrisisinminiature.wordpress.com/
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:12 pm

Replied to that Jon. All made sense. Reasons are probably a combo. Not a single cause but several. We can of course amend the shop descriptions(will do it now!). Traders wilkl be briefed and existing traders who already KNOW there are two QRS sheets will be advised to drink less beer the night before selling :wink:

Henry Ford
GrahamC
Corporal
Corporal

Post by GrahamC » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:15 pm

Barry,
good to be back after a couple of years in the wargames wilderness! I have racked my brain and it was either Caliver or DT but I suspect Caliver as I regularly popped in on my then weekly trips to Bristol.
In terms of armies I'm going back to the start, my Boyne armies are all sold so I thought Id start with the campaign we never did Sedgemoor, then back to Killiekrankie and then back into Ireland.
At the moment Ive been using F.Rank but Im at Derby and I think DT has some of your figures on display, look good and the forthcoming Vignettes even better.
Sorry for the spelling the other entry too much real ale. If I can't get a play sheet off either Dave dont worry will sort something out.
Also looking at commissionig some figs. possibly highlanders but mainly Generals and vignettes rather than go into competition, figures that most people could use regardless of manufacturer.
All the best hope to catch up soon
Graham :D
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:47 am

Great to hear you are back on the scene Graham. I saw Gordon at Partizan but he just passed by the table and didn't speak. I think I saw Lee nd we spoke at the earlier Partizan. Yes DT will have WARFARE mins at Dervy. We are also putting on the Walcourt game at Derby on the Sunday. We are doing a photo shoot with it on the Saturday in Nottingham. The Highlanders thing is interesting.... I was actually thinking about thsat at an add on for WARFARE!

Henry Ford
hispano

Post by hispano » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:51 pm

Hi all,
I have just received my copy from Caliver and I've got only ONE sheet (A4) TWO faces for the QRS. Is it OK? If you need more details with all the points that are in my copy I can send you a MP. Or, if you prefer, I can send a mail to Caliver.
Best regards
Pepe Díaz
Castilla, mi natura; Italia, mi ventura; Flandes, mi sepultura
hispano

Post by hispano » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:36 am

No answers at all? No problem, I have sent a mail to Caliver to ask for this second QRS who is missing. I hope I can get it ...
In anycase, I have just finished my first rule's reading and I think it's a very good rule. I only need now someone to test it in France ...
Best regards
Pepe Díaz
Castilla, mi natura; Italia, mi ventura; Flandes, mi sepultura
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:36 am

Hello Pepe,

Caliver Books are not authorized by me to sell BLB or any publications from Wordtwister. They obtain copies of the books by buying off other traders OR using someone else to buy on their behalf as I will not sell to them. Much as I would like to help you, I won't sort out Caliver's mistakes. He can do that himself. If he is selling something, he should know what it is he is selling.

Apologies but I will not do anything in this case.

Best

B

Henry Ford