Bases for Cavalry

Questions, chat, feedback and developments relating to REPUBLIC TO EMPIRE... Wargaming the wars of Napoleon Bonaparte.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Bases for Cavalry

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:12 am

Barry,

I seem to have made an Error ordering my Cavalry Bases. :oops:
I ordered 60 x 60 mm bases to place 3 Figures on it. Does that be of any problem in RtE? :roll: :?:

Best Wishes,
Günter
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Bases for Cavalry

Post by obriendavid » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:47 pm

That is no problem at all Gunter!
Barry and myself all have our cavalry based on a 20mm frontage and 60mm depth, the only difference between us is that Barry generally bases his as 3 figure bases 60x60 whereas I prefer mine based in twos 40x60.
Plus the thing to remember that it is the number of figures on the roster sheet that is important and not how they are based.
Cheers
Dave
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:28 pm

obriendavid wrote:That is no problem at all Gunter!
Barry and myself all have our cavalry based on a 20mm frontage and 60mm depth, the only difference between us is that Barry generally bases his as 3 figure bases 60x60 whereas I prefer mine based in twos 40x60.
Plus the thing to remember that it is the number of figures on the roster sheet that is important and not how they are based.
Cheers
Dave
Thanks Dave :D

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:29 pm

Thank You Ray :D

I thought about that way of basing too. Therefore I place now an order with Warbases for 45 x 60 mm bases for my light cavalry while my future heayies will get 65 x 60 mm. Both types because of the thought to keep them from harm :wink: .

Thanks again to you and Dave for the eye opening :D

Günter