Dragoon conversions

Information related to WARFARE MINIATURES releases, future releases, range development, painting, figure usage, conversions
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Dragoon conversions

Post by obriendavid » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:22 pm

Being the impatient person that I am I couldn't wait for Barry getting command figures produced for the dismounted dragoons so decided to make a few conversions of my own so that I could get the unit finished.
The first figure is a horse holder, this was a simple conversion with the musket cut off from his left hand, then the hand opened up and the arm bent out and upwards to hold the reigns of his horse. I also added a new musket slung over his shoulders. I've had to use horses from another manufacturer but might change them once Barry gets his produced.

http://s777.photobucket.com/albums/yy54 ... 20figures/

The next figure is a standard bearer, this is basically the loading figure with the musket cut out and the hands drilled out to take the flag pole. The figures right hand has to be cut slightly loose from the body and the hat turned back to allow the pole to fit correctly.

I have added a foot officer and drummer from the normal foot range with the legs filled out a bit to look like boots, once I get the figures based I'll post some pics of the whole unit.
Cheers
Dave
Last edited by obriendavid on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quindia
General
General

Re: Dragoon converstions

Post by quindia » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:36 pm

Really nice, Dave!
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dragoon conversions

Post by barr7430 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:13 pm

These are great Dave. Just discussed the 'blueprint' for the Dismounted Dragoon command with Clibinarium... we'll have sergeants and officers and drummers and horseholders!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
turrabear
Major General
Major General

Post by turrabear » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:50 am

the news just seem's to get better every time i log on to the fourm . it's going to be some exciting times coming up with all these new relese's.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:55 am

Well, it's about time people got good news :D The world is just so full of gloom and doom we all need a little sunshine 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford