'Adrian's Walls'......coming to surround a town near you..?

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

'Adrian's Walls'......coming to surround a town near you..?

Post by Blucher » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:48 pm

As many of you probably know, my main role for Barry and the LoA is the role of 'Capability Brown' for a good proportion of demo games that the LoA/LoGW put on the show circuit. I'm also responsible for most of the terrain that we do at The Derby Weekenders.

The upcoming 2013 October Weekender has been planned as the Siege of Derry....and so I've been planning accordingly since last year. As i'm often accused of being a 'little pedantic' about the aesthetics of what we do about our terrain...I've taken even my OCD with this to a new level....

Not only have I started to recreate Derry 1670 - 1700....for our October 2013 Weekender (and further games into 2014)...but I've decided to bring these walls 'to market'! The timing of this could not be better with Barry's eagerly awaited Warfare Miniatures 'siege equipment/figures' out shortly...so they'll have something to 'bombard and undermine' with the Mortars and miners.

I'd planned to attached a couple of photo's of one of the wall/bastion sections - but my photo skills are not one of my strong points and the photo files are too big. However, I'll consult a couple of IT Guru's and attach when able. Once these photos are on it will give a flavour of what I (along with my new 'wall builder' mate, Paul Deeming) have been working on and what will hopefully be available commercially by May/June time.

As always - feedback is always welcome and appreciated.

Adrian
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 'Adrian's Walls'......coming to surround a town near you

Post by barr7430 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:55 pm

I have been lucky enough to see some finished samples of Adrian's Walls. Hopefully someone can give Ade a quick pointer on how to reduce file size and upload the pix. These are very impressive pieces if miniature architecture which we hope to get in the show circuit by Summer 2013. They will form a fantastic backdrop or centrepiece to any table.
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:58 pm

If Ade wants to send the pics to me I'll resize them and post on the forum.
Cheers
Dave
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:26 am

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:18 pm

Guys (Dave & Ray)

Many thanks for your help on getting the photos of 'Adrians Walls' onto the site...hopefully I've now got some on...!

This is just one of the wall sections, showing different views etc. The Warfare Miniatures on the battlements and outside the city wall will give a prospective of size. The main idea of the walls is to allow for companies/battalions to be represented defending, and also allow for guns/batteries to do what they were supposed to do... and everything is scaled to allow this. This section shown is the Wall & Bastion to the east of Bishops Gate.

Although these sections are based on Dery...I feel they would do very well representing other town walls and suitable for ECW period also.

Again, now that you can actually see the wall, I'd appreciate feedback from the gaming community out there.

Cheers

Adrian
Attachments
derry photo a3r.jpg
derry photo a3r.jpg (183 KiB) Viewed 16436 times
derry photo a2r.jpg
derry photo a2r.jpg (222.21 KiB) Viewed 16436 times
derry photo a1r.jpg
derry photo a1r.jpg (213.45 KiB) Viewed 16436 times
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:19 pm

I can hear Gerry whistling a tune in the background but I don't think the words are 'No Surrender!' :lol:

I for one can't wait to see these in their entirety on a table at a show Ade. The space which is available to position artillery pieces, add clutter and figures and the height just cries out for skirmishing, table dressing on a mighty scale and general wargaming excess.. would recommend some link or cross posting to WARGAMING 1660-1721 section s some of the chaps might miss it here... which would be a shame!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:29 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:35 pm

Now that is what I call a city wall, superb stuff Adrian!
I can see some of those making an appearance in Tangiers.
Cheers
Dave
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:57 pm

Gents

Thanks for the kind comments, much appreciated by the designers from this fledgling company.

I've posted some more 'info' on the 1660-1721 section of the Fighting Talk forum.

Adrian
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:33 am

Looking great Ade, what all do you plan on making? Walls and gate sections? Are these one off pieces or are you going to move into mould making? Really impressive

All the best
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:00 pm

Peter

The Wall Section in the photo is the actual 'prototype casting' - the walls are currently in production and will be available by end of May. There will be a number of walls and a quite exquisite and detailed (in our opinion) Gatehouse. The walls will come as a kit, a bit like a big Airfix Kit - boxed up with assembly instructions and a few tips on painting/finish etc. Each kit will have 3 wall sections (all different but fitting and complimenting each other) and a gatehouse, covering approx 4 ft in length. The whole idea is to give a uniformed, but slightly varied in length/angles etc, look. If you consider towns/cities like Derry, York, etc the wall lengths are irregular lengths,angles and widths. This we believe we have created in this range.

There will be 'extension sections' and 'breeched sections' that can then be bought individually allowing you to lengthen the size of your Town Wall...or to replace individual sections as they are destroyed and breeches formed.

The Walls wll be available through the LoA site/shop (tying up nicely with Warfare Miniatures) and also on the show circuit through a trader we are currently in discussions with (more on the Trader announcement over the coming weeks).

Adrian
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:12 pm

Ooooo... I want some of these!
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:46 am

Clarence

...we'll see what we can do to get a box over 'The Pond' to you...

Adrian
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:52 pm

That would be great, Adrian. I was planning on scratch building a pile of stuff for a siege game this summer and while I enjoy building terrain, I'd much rather start off with these kind of kits!
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: 'Adrian's Walls'......taster for Carronade Show

Post by Blucher » Tue May 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Please come along and comment on the show debut of Adrians Walls at the Falkirk show this weekend.

The Town Wall kit will be displayed on the LoA demo game and available to buy on Barry's Miniature Warfare trade stand.

Adrian
Attachments
Box Flyer.jpg
Box Flyer.jpg (105.99 KiB) Viewed 16093 times