North Star 1672 & Phoenix Miniatures

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
kingscarbine
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: North Star 1672 & Phoenix Miniatures

Post by kingscarbine » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:12 pm

I wouldn't trust the dates on many images available on the NYPL site. I've found uniforms posted on the wrong periods and other dodgy information.

Those uniforms are most likely from the previous decade as they look very typical of the early 1660's.

The Dutch Army Museum site has a very good digital collection with lots of images.
Motorway
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Motorway » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:24 am

kingscarbine wrote:I wouldn't trust the dates on many images available on the NYPL site. I've found uniforms posted on the wrong periods and other dodgy information.

Those uniforms are most likely from the previous decade as they look very typical of the early 1660's.

The Dutch Army Museum site has a very good digital collection with lots of images.
These are prints from a 1670 book by Boxel about the exercises of the Holland Guard Regiment.
Nicknorthstar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Nicknorthstar » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:12 pm

Hi Guys

The time is fast approaching where Mr Saleh will be casting his beady eyes over the 1672 range again, so we are working on a design list now.

Contributions welcome.

Nick
kingscarbine
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by kingscarbine » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:22 pm

That's good news. What's on your list?
Arthur
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Arthur » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:54 pm

Yes, excellent news indeed, Nick. The previous page of this thread already contains many suggestions, my own being in a nutshell :

* Dragoon command for both the French and their enemies, so we can actually finish our dragoon regiments !

* More generals and personalities : Condé, Turenne, William of Orange and a few unnamed generals for use as brigadiers, etc.

* Loading musketeers for both the French and their opponents : say one ramming his musket and one priming his pan, for instance.

* French and allied cavalry in charging poses to add a bit of variety to the units of horse

* Some French Maison du roi cavalry, such as Life Guards and musketeers.
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.
delbruck
Private
Private

Post by delbruck » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:03 pm

I would add:

*Generic musketeer based on the Swiss musketeer
*as above, but without apostles (see Osprey Louis XIV French Garde, plate B1)

*Generic pikemen based on the Swiss pikemen, especially one in hat & basic corselet (without sash). All current pikemen, officers, and sergeants are in a common pose (facing left with hand on hip).

*The current cavalry needs at least one more horse pose, with the head in a different position. The two poses appear to be mirror images of each other, and don't add much variety.

*I second Arthur's comments, especially about the loading musketeers.
kingscarbine
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by kingscarbine » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:45 pm

Advancing infantry and cavalry charging would be great. Adding to the list (and seconding previous posts):

Spanish
- Dragoons: Mounted and Commands
- Cavalry
- Armoured Pikemen
- Artillerymen

French
- Grenadiers (w/ and w/o flintlock)

Swiss/Dutch
- Armoured Pikemen (hat and helmet)

German/Imperial
- Cuirassiers with Zischagg helmet

Swedish (to mix with other codes)
- Musketeers w/ karpus
- Pikemen w/ karpus
- Artillerymen w/ karpus
- Cavalry w/ karpus

Generic
- Casualties
- Grenadiers w/ Cap
- Pioneers and Sappers
- Mounted Officers and Personalities (Turenne, Condé, Montecuccoli, Frederick William, Duke of Lorraine, Luxembourg, etc)
simon boulton
Sergeant Major of the Army
Sergeant Major of the Army

Post by simon boulton » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:11 pm

Command for the dragoons would be top of my list,
Best wishes,
Simon
chema1986
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by chema1986 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:12 am

Hi guys , any ideas of when any of those NS 1672 beauties will come out ??
cheers.
delbruck
Private
Private

Post by delbruck » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:57 pm

King's carbine had some really nice ideas (and drawings). I doubt if the 1672 range is a big seller for North Star. Perhaps if they were marketed as government troops in their pirate range they would sell better. Unless you know what you are looking for sometimes finding stuff on the North Star site can be difficult. I only discovered the 1672 Phoenix range because someone mentioned on one of the forums.
Arthur
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Arthur » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:09 pm

chema1986 wrote:Hi guys , any ideas of when any of those NS 1672 beauties will come out ??
cheers.
No time scale yet as Steve Saleh is working on several other things but a very reliable source tells me Nick Eyre is keen to develop the range further, so more figures will definitely be added in an as yet undisclosed future.
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.
kingscarbine
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by kingscarbine » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:22 pm

Arthur wrote:No time scale yet as Steve Saleh is working on several other things but a very reliable source tells me Nick Eyre is keen to develop the range further, so more figures will definitely be added in an as yet undisclosed future.
Steve Saleh is producing stuff like a madman. I'm very interested in the development of the 1672 range and look forward to see more figures added to the catalogue. If Nick Eyre has an interest in the period it will probably be expanded in the future.

It would be great to have some uniform guides and a scenarios book to get people interested in the period. Something like BP or BLB with lots of photos.
chema1986
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by chema1986 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:34 am

kingscarbine wrote:
Arthur wrote:No time scale yet as Steve Saleh is working on several other things but a very reliable source tells me Nick Eyre is keen to develop the range further, so more figures will definitely be added in an as yet undisclosed future.
Steve Saleh is producing stuff like a madman. I'm very interested in the development of the 1672 range and look forward to see more figures added to the catalogue. If Nick Eyre has an interest in the period it will probably be expanded in the future.

It would be great to have some uniform guides and a scenarios book to get people interested in the period. Something like BP or BLB with lots of photos.

Yes, me too, any idea of when these posible new figures would come out ?
raif
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by raif » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:17 am

The last Sale could indicates a sold out of the range? Or are their any news about the range and their development?
Adam Hayes
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Adam Hayes » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:53 pm

raif wrote:The last Sale could indicates a sold out of the range? ...
Or just an attempt to pull in new interest? North Star are involved in launching and developing several other ranges at the present time and there is only so much their sculptors can do. I wouldn't read too much into a lull in releases.