A LESSON LEARNT!

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
dashing blade
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

A LESSON LEARNT!

Post by dashing blade » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:01 am

Over Christmas we had a large family gathering, and followed food and booze with a board game. "The great fire of London" my daughters game,on her request we replaced the wooden pegs with copplestone casting figures,painted in the relevant colours for the game. Wow! The response was fantastic,taken with the excellent copplestone casting figs,the family asked if i had more. So i showed them bits and pieces,finnishing with the Perrys Sudan figs. I was asked to demonstrate a game at the next gathering at new year.
THESE ARE THE GUIDELINES I USED
1. Boozed up family members want fast,fun and involving games
2. Rulebooks,however colourful and detailed are not for people who want to try a quick game.
MOST IMPORTANTLY OF ALL
3. We in the wargamming world have a history,a feeling for rules and a knowledge of game mechanics. Learnt over time. Most people will be familiar with monopoly or scrabble.This might not be the ideal background for forming squares against swarms of Beja!

Anyway, the game was simple ,fast and very enjoyable. Maybe I'll plan for an Easter game. I will wait to be asked though!
(The historical evidence that God comes from Lancashire is slim, however he's definitely not from Yorkshire)
nevermore
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: A LESSON LEARNT!

Post by nevermore » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:52 am

Great stuff will take notes :D
EvilGinger
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: A LESSON LEARNT!

Post by EvilGinger » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:55 pm

Indeed so will I