HOW DID WE BOUNCE INTO ECW??

A Forum location for posts by members of the League and any other Visitors or Forum members who wish to post items and questions about our games and activities.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

HOW DID WE BOUNCE INTO ECW??

Post by barr7430 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:10 pm

Guys,

just a thought but we went from
NOT ON THE RADAR to
WE'RE DOING ECW in the flash of a priming pan...

I have since heard mutterings from a few of us that it is not a hotly desired topic..

Should we have a recount?
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:54 pm

I didn't think we had decided on any other games apart from the 1814 campaign and the British Civil War. I was under the impression that the voting was just a way of seeing what other periods interested us and what toys we had. :?

Cheers
Dave
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:24 pm

If that is so Dave then it's a relief:wink:

I was certainly under the impression as I think is Charles, Ade and Dale that we'd agreed to ECW :shock:
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:35 pm

Barry, if you remember during the talk about future games when Dale mentioned about bringing along someone else just because he had loads of figures that the discussion changed topic about membership etc and as far as I am aware we never came to any conclusion.

I always feel with our games that it's more important that the majority of guys want to game the period rather than a few guys can supply all the figures so lets just do it.

Enjoy your break, I'm sure you need it.
Dave
Blucher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Blucher » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:58 pm

Gents

Just following on from Barry and Dave's 'conversation' above. I sent out an email to you all this morning about 'things in general.......' and also about 'next years' (2010) games/dates/venues etc. I spoke to Barry about this subject last Friday- (sorry Barry but you beat me to it, putting this question about the ECW game on the noticeboard).

At the 'vote' for next years games a 'few things' that the LoGW have decided on this week, has meant that the ECW 'nomination' is not now as popular as it was. Therefore, I think we need to 're-think' a game to go with the 2 definates, 1938 British Civil War and the 1814 Napoleonic game. With this in mind, could I ask you Gentlemen to possibly 'hold that thought/time out' with regards this 'other game' until Barry is back, as I wish to discuss an 'idea' with him first.

Please forgive the 'secrecy' at this stage, all will be revealed!!!!!

If we could maybe concentrate on dates and venues as per my email, then the '3rd game' can be discussed further over the comming weeks?

Blucher
sharnydubs
Colonel
Colonel

Post by sharnydubs » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:40 am

I think from memory it was between ECW and SYW, both of which periods various LogW members had figures for.

I suspect like most members I will happily play either as lonng as its a fun game. I have figures for the ECW and at a push my Jacobite Rebellion goverenment troops could be pressed into servcie for the SYW.

chow
Peter

"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky"
Dale
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dale » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:51 am

I'm happy with either ECW or SYW. I have no ECW but will paint some for what will be a new period for me.
I have a growing collection of SYW figures which will be expanding over the course of the year. Others who have large armies include Charles, Bob, Angus and probably others that I don't know about. Angus has demonstrated his Kriegspiel rules at Kirriemuir Wargames Club and they work quite well.
Either period would suit me but I suspect that we could muster many more figures of our own in SYW.