Battle of Helsingborg 1710

A section devoted to questions and answers for this period.
Heneborn
Major
Major

Battle of Helsingborg 1710

Post by Heneborn » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:17 pm

This weekend me and some friends recreated the battle of Helsingborg. Sort of a 300 years anniversary, just 7 months late. :wink:

We used the latest draft of BLB2 which worked really well. With 44 battalions and 48 squadrons on the table we reached a conclusion within 8 hours. The result was quite close to the real thing as the swedes sent the danish running for Helsingborg, although casualties were quite high on both sides. Everyone enjoyed themselves and a few players that were new to BLB and even this sort of wargaming picked up the rules mechanisms quite fast and with the help of a few reference sheets could play without my aid.

Sorry for so few and quite bad pictures but I was busy umpiring and leading the danish defence (or retreat?), I'll make up for it some other time!

hwiccee

Post by hwiccee » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:30 am

Looks great and you seem to have had a great time.

I also played Helsingborg a few weeks ago but using a different set of rules, 2 players and finishing in 3 hours.

It was a good fight and ended in a narrow Swedish victory. I think that this is a good battle to play as it is fairly balanced.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:23 pm

Looks great!

Can I get the scenario please Andreas?
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Heneborn
Major
Major

Post by Heneborn » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:23 pm

barr7430 wrote: Can I get the scenario please Andreas?
Of course, I'll just have to translate it.
Charles XII
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Charles XII » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:11 am

And what about some pictures? Either from the action itself or from the used collections. Unluckily there are not much pictures in the web on GNW minis. :(
Please Note that there are more importent things in my life than wargaming. So please don´t be angry if it takes some days or weeks until I answer a post, even if I try to answer as fast as possible.