awfully quiet

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
janbruinen
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

awfully quiet

Post by janbruinen » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:43 am

It's very quiet on the new BlB, new figures and the expected additions (french, cavalry etc).
What's the news???
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:17 pm

Jan,

you read my mind :oops: Without boring everyone to death with my life here is the status update..

As some of you may know I have a rather demanding job with means I spend somewhere in the region of 100 days per year travelling in the UK, Europe, America, the Middle East and Asia. When I am doing this it is quite challenging to get important wargames stuff done. I use that time to write and correct text or research.
At home I do the painting, terrain making, gaming, weekenders etc.. oh and occasionally I spend time with my family :oops:

The projects: BLB2 and the new WARFARE Miniatures figure range are very important but we wanted to get both exactly right.

So, firstly BLB2:

The book is finished and all that needs to go in are:

25 new photographs
A 'sample game' to illustrate some rule concepts
Adverts
Painting guides by some very talented painters such as: David Imrie, Brian Philips, Darrell Hindley.
Proof reading

Printing.

I think the publishng date will be late January. The book is very nice and at the moment we are exploring whether to issue it in a hard cover. So, rather than rush and make a few mistakes we'll just hang on and do it right. It will be with you within 30-40 days I think.

The figures.

We want to make sure that the range is the best it possibly can be. We have made some modifications as test castings were showing some defects we didn't like such as distorted scabbards, bent muskets etc.
The designer has worked very hard to make some remedial changes.
The very bad weather in the UK over the last month has also caused delays getting moulds made and test castings done. The Horse dollies were held up at the mould maker for over 3 weeks and then we missed our casting window as he had to do other work. This is very frustrating :evil:

I will post up some further new painted samples today or tomorrow to show that the project is still very much a GO. We have been working on supporting products too.. more news of them soon.

Finally, once BLB2 is released I will begin running WEEKENDER GAMES to support the rules plus 1 day games too.

Sorry to everyone who is getting impatient to get their hands on the products but we believe they will be worth waiting for..

Cheers

Barry
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
18th Century Guy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by 18th Century Guy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:40 pm

Barry,

I agree, take your time and do it right. We all have a life outside of the hobby - let's not forget that, as much as we try to. :D
yar68
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Post by yar68 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:35 pm

Barry,
I read on another post that the painting guide is going to be figures painted in a regiments uniforms. From what year/period is the painting guide going to be, as uniforms and unit names changed throughout the Grand Alliance Wars?? :D
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:33 pm

We'll set the guide out in a form as follows:

PICTURE

Caption: Dumbarton's 1685-1688, Orkney's 1688-1699

The limitations will of course be space but we'll see hoe it goes :D

Henry Ford
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:22 am

WAIT A MINUTE... ARE WE HAVING HOES WITH THE NEW BOOK?

Send me a couple...
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:01 pm

yes, didn't I tell you :shock:

H - o - e -s... I guess with a Virginia accent that got past the Profanosaurus filter 8)

Henry Ford