The Last Birthday Did It

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
quindia
General
General

The Last Birthday Did It

Post by quindia » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:13 pm

I have officially joined the geezer club! Ever have a box of models that you've been tripping over for months suddenly disappear? It's not like I get to leave my stuff all over the house. I have two rooms - my office and my game room - where the box could be. It's a relatively LARGE box containing two squadrons of horse! I have shuffled it around my desk for months and went to reach for it today to get a sword arm for a conversion and the damn thing is gone!

I have looked for it for over an hour. Did I cunningly transfer the contents to another box to save space? Not that I've discovered so far and I've opened every box under the desk. Did I throw it away? Not likely - I rarely through anything away.

Seriously... :roll:

Stay tuned...
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: The Last Birthday Did It

Post by obriendavid » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:35 pm

I know how you feel Clarence.
I once lost a box of terrain for 3 years, I knew it was somewhere in the house but just couldn't find it but in my defence it sounds as if I might have more than you and I am an old geezer :roll:

Hope you find them
Cheers
Dave
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:38 pm

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:02 am

Sadly I can't blame my wife... She despairs of creating any sort of order in my office and doesn't bother to tidy up in there. I KNOW I had the box last month because that's where I got the officer I painted as the Duke of Wurttemberg in June.
quindia
General
General

Post by quindia » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:14 pm

FOUND THEM!

But I am not crazy... the box IS gone. I cunningly removed them from the box and placed them in a draw in one of my paint storage bins.

Still doesn't say much for my memory, but I am happier to have found the models... :roll:
Friedrich August I.
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by Friedrich August I. » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:36 pm

quindia wrote:FOUND THEM!

But I am not crazy... Still doesn't say much for my memory, but ... :roll:
...there is still hope for you :D :wink:
„Macht Euch Euren Dregg alleene“

"Sort your filth out by yourself!" The King of Saxony Friedrich August III., at his abdication 1918, referred to the quarrels in the parliament and the squabbling within the provisional government.