Waterloo 2015 Questions

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
TIC

Waterloo 2015 Questions

Post by TIC » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:02 pm

Hello Hello,

This is my first posting as a member of this forum so first I would like to thank the founders, the moderators and everyone that posts. I would also like to thank Barry Hilton. I have had several conversations with him over the last bit (both via Skype and via email) and he is a wealth of knowledge about Waterloo specifically and many other awesome things as well...

Thank you all...

Anyway Barry mentioned that I should post a few questions to the group that I have about our planned trip to Waterloo in 2015. Basically I am looking to get some information about the re-enactment planned for the 200th anniversary. I appreciate the help from all and all opinions and comments will be greatly appreciated. So here we go:

1) Has the re-enactment taken place on the actual battlefield the past? Is this planned for the re-enactment in 2015?
2) Is there a cost to view the re-enactment? If so is there an added cost to view the re-enactment from a specific vantage – like stands?
3) I see that June 18th 2015 is a Thursday. Will the re-enactment take place that day or on the weekend previous or post? If on the weekend is there anything that will happen on the 18th?

That is it for now…

Thank you all

Teras I. Cassidy
Geek Nation Tours
Holidays for Geeks by Geeks
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Waterloo 2015 Questions

Post by barr7430 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:53 am

Welcome to the Boards Teras! Someone will no doubt have something to add..........
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
TIC

Post by TIC » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:41 pm

Awesome and great to be here! Thank you

Teras
Geek Nation Tours
Churchill
General
General

Post by Churchill » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:59 am

Ray.
Last edited by Churchill on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TIC

Post by TIC » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:38 pm

Thank you for your help :)

I will contact them again and see if they have any further info ... They have told me that I need to wait a bit but I am anxious to get this tour published....

Teras
Geek Nation Tours