So, I'm here now

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
DaveCrowell

So, I'm here now

Post by DaveCrowell » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:55 am

Finally after no little effort I am on the forum.

I have to confess that LoA/WSS gaming is on hold for the moment while I deal with my AWI lead pile. 3 scales worth, so it may take me a bit.

I haven't quite settled on a scale for Marlburian gaming yet. 15mm is my overall favorite scale, but 6mm does offer the grand panorama of truly huge numbers of men, 28mm & 10mm I quite frankly have never liked. 40mm is very nice, but I hqave't found a good selection of affordable figures in that scale.

Well that is pobably enough rambling from me for now, other than to ask if this period is significantly more popular in Europe/UK than over here in the Colonies. My Canadian friends have heard of it, but almost no-one in the US.
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:42 pm

Dave welcome!

You have to bring enlightenment to the heartlands of America! Once you Yanks get a hold of something you usually run with it pretty well!! so.. just keep talking and educating! :wink:

There are pockets in the US that I know of.. some gamers in Texas play this period, some on the East Coast, I certainly know of individuals who are into it in a big way including two people who are pretty much recognised as authorities... Dan Schorr and Pat Condray.

BLB has already shipped over 200 copies into the States so there are people out there who know something about it!!
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford