Leuchars Xmas WW1 mega Game

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
kutusov
Captain
Captain

Leuchars Xmas WW1 mega Game

Post by kutusov » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:54 pm

Hi All

For those who are interested I've posted some photos from the above game on the Angus Wargames Club site the pictures yurned out not bad consideriing the camera I was using. :lol:

Over 1600 figures were on the table by the end of the game David from the falkirk club also posted some on their forum.

Go to the home page and click on the ww1 pictures at the bottom and it will take you to the gallery.

www.geocities.com/anguswargamesclub

Cheers Kutusov
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:41 pm

Very nice Bob!! 8)
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
parkinspieces
Major
Major

Post by parkinspieces » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:43 pm

That's strange Barry, clicked on post reply to Kutusov and it transfered me back to the old site :?:

Anyway, thought Kutusov and friends might like to know that Dave Andrews of great War Miniatures has produced some late war Americans :D

Not sure when they will be released yet but needless to say they are brilliant sculpts, I rather like the NCO pointing with one hand whilst holding his pump action shotgun in the other, very American :twisted:

He has produced so far 14 castings ( :cry: that's all he had at the time for me to paint up to appear in the forthcoming GW WW1 rules, along with some 1914 stuff). His 1914 Germans are brilliant too, very crisp detail, I loved his original Foundry range but these just surpass those. He is working on the cavalry and French 1914 Infantry at the moment. can't wait 8)

So lots to look forward to this year from GWM

On another note that will interest you Barry, Dave tells me he is seriously thinking about starting a 28mm Crimean range after he completes his present WW1 plans :wink: ....watch this space
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:46 pm

Thanks for that Stuart. Both pieces of news from Dave are very interesting :!:

Regarding the FORUM ... you were sucked into a time warp and transported back to this forum... no actually the forum is read only on the new site till I close this site down next week, then it should all seamlessly transfer.. that is the theory anyway!!

Henry Ford
Bluebear
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Bluebear » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:44 am

Barry,

When you do switch over to the new site will the URL change? Will these URLs that we've been using just take us to the new site? Or will we use these "old" URLs and will they take us to the new site?

Also, any better idea as to when we can order "Beneath the Lily Banners" from you?

-- Jeff
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:50 pm

At the Printer's Jeff... just waiting on the nod that they are back. I'll have to do a little 800mile round trip to collect 'em but once done they should be available via the site pretty much straight away.

Yippee! :D

Henry Ford
kutusov
Captain
Captain

Post by kutusov » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:39 am

Anyway, thought Kutusov and friends might like to know that Dave Andrews of great War Miniatures has produced some late war Americans

Thanks parkinspieces , Hadn't noticed these new ones although I do love their figures.I can see another splurge of painting once I get some readys together. :lol:

cheers

Kutusov