Flames of War Rules Queries

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Flames of War Rules Queries

Post by barr7430 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:23 pm

Another step along the FoW path today I'm afraid.

Came across two situations which Paul and I had difficulty resolving:

1. What happens when a Gun team does not lose an Assault and is given the counterattack option. Rules say gun teams don't counter attack so what excatly do they do in their phase of the assault cycle.

2. Dealing with Infantry assaults and the use of Panzerfaust/schreks? Which factors are used for the weapons and which in defence for the vehicles?

B
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford
Anonymous

Re: Flames of War Rules Queries

Post by Anonymous » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:27 am

barr7430 wrote:Another step along the FoW path today I'm afraid.

Came across two situations which Paul and I had difficulty resolving:

1. What happens when a Gun team does not lose an Assault and is given the counterattack option. Rules say gun teams don't counter attack so what excatly do they do in their phase of the assault cycle.
I think guns are only forbidden to assault, because that means they have to move. I think, the can counterattck, because that is only the crew abandoning their guns for a shiort time and attacking the enemnie some yards away. So you dont move the models.
2. Dealing with Infantry assaults and the use of Panzerfaust/schreks? Which factors are used for the weapons and which in defence for the vehicles?

B
in the late war German list (on the FoW website) Panzerfaust are only used in defensive fire against an assault of tanks. They have 4"/10 cm ROF 1, AT 14, FP 5+. You shoot against the front. You can also use the Panzerfaust in an assault, than you have anti tank 4 and you use the top armour (because it is an assault).

Tankhunter Teams (with Panzerschreck) have 8"/20 cm, ROF 2, AT 11, FP 5+. Shooting at normal. You have AT 5 in teh assault (againt top armour).

Frank
barr7430
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by barr7430 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:19 pm

Frank, thanx for this clarification. I'm travelleng again for a couple of days and so will read my rules(have them with me) and your comments and then I'll learn something!!

All the best

Barry :D
"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are probably right"

Henry Ford