claymore

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
bibio
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

claymore

Post by bibio » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:58 am

Its that time of year again,you can tell scotland is in a heat wave,and the thought of a trip through to the pre festival madness of Edinburgh is on the horizon (what pleasure).
I hope this is the last year in Meadowbank because after the venues at Falkirk and Dumfries it is now positively medieval in comparison.. As the we know the festival grabs most of the suitable venues in august, does it mean that the traditional 1st saturday in august will have to change for next year.

iain
obriendavid
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by obriendavid » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:16 pm

The way things are looking then this could be the last year there but I will leave it up to Jack to inform you all of any future changes.

Cheers
Dave
Jack
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jack » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:44 pm

Iain,

All I can say is that the nearly 3 year search is still ongoing. SESWC are currently in discussion about a new venue. (Bigger, Brighter, more airy and hopefully Better) Our discusions have moved on somewhat since the "Carronade over Claymore" thread BUT no firm agreement has been reached as yet.

The Council has decided to go ahead with demolishing Meadowbank although no date has been set. I have a gut feeling that this year will be the last at Meadowbank one way or another.
Jack
kutusov
Captain
Captain

Post by kutusov » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:19 pm

Well I've managed to get the saturday morning off s :shock: o I'll be their with the Angus lads

kutusov :lol:
bibio
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by bibio » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:24 pm

Jack

Personally I hope it is the last one at Meadowbank, for some reason there are very few of the meadowbank shows which stick in my memory whereas the memories of the old venue are still there( maybe this has something to do with the fact that there was no shortage of decent boozers so they were more social occassions, Macdonalds does'nt have the same ambeince)
Still ,looking forward to my yearly trip to Edinburgh, just hope it gets slightly cooler.

iain
Angus Konstam
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Angus Konstam » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:05 am

Iain,

One way or another it'll be the last one in the Meadowbank nuclear bunker. The new venue (fingers crossed there's no last minute hitch) is larger, brighter, breezier ... and it has a bar! We hope to announce the signing of the deal on Saturday. For pubs, right now you'll have to make do with the Golden Gate, over the road and up the street a bit.

As for the temperature, don't tempt fate and complain about it before the event, for goodness sake! We'll probably have a snowstorm on the day, rather than sticky heat and humidity. Anyway, just in case, we'll make sure there's a "punka-wallah" with a fan to walk behind you while you're at the show. We can even have him chant "un-cool, un-cool"... anything to oblige!

See you on Saturday!

Angus Konstam
www.edinburghwargames.com
Liam A of E
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Liam A of E » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:58 am

Get some Dude, give him a leather jacket, shades and a t shirt that says "The Deodoriser". Give him a bag full of anti perspirant and let him roam at will, spraying the most pungent offenders with sweet smelling scent.

Sorted :twisted:
Vex me Not, or I will have you dragged awhile....
Jack
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jack » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:25 am

Well, SESWC have agreed a 5 year deal with the new venue. Fuller details, where, pics etc at Claymore 08.
I'll post more details here next week for those not attending this year's show.

I plan to post a survey on the SESWC forum later on as to what you, the customer, would like to see incorporated in future Claymore shows. It will be Yes/No anwers and we will advertise it on forums and groups like this if that is OK with the respective Admin chaps. I do hope everyone will take a bit of time to answer them.

Jack
Keeping his fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong with the new venue before 2013.
bibio
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by bibio » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:37 am

Jack

thats a bit of good news. With regard to the secw forum,there does'nt seem to be any public acess to it at present, I know that there was a discussion as to whwther to make it members only and can only surmise that is what happened.

iain
Jack
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jack » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:56 am

bibio wrote:With regard to the secw forum,there does'nt seem to be any public acess to it at present, I know that there was a discussion as to whwther to make it members only and can only surmise that is what happened.

iain
It's open to all and sundry as far as I'm aware. I'll check with our webguy.

Jack
theoldschool
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: claymore

Post by theoldschool » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:45 am

[quote="bibio"]Its that time of year again,you can tell scotland is in a heat wave. iain[/quote]

Hmmm, not where I'm sitting it's not.
bibio
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by bibio » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:10 am

Hmmm, not where I'm sitting it's not.
OK change that to monsoon season.

iain