Any wargamers near me?

Forum for discussion about Wargaming, Painting, Books, Terrain, Research and general banter!
iaind

Any wargamers near me?

Post by iaind » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:28 pm

Hi folks,

I'm new to rural Kinross-shire and am looking for opponents in or around the area. Am thinking of joining SESWC and attending their monthly Sunday sessions but cannot attend their week night meets as I don't drive and asking the wife to drive me into Edinburgh after getting back from work in Dundee would be a tad unfair.

My interests are firmly ensconsed in the period 1688-1778 having a 15mm Williamite army for the Boyne, a 25/28mm Franco-Bavarian army for the Wars of the Spanish Succession, 15mm AWI Revolutionary, 15mm British SYW, 15mm Russian SYW and have recently aquired a nice lot of Reiver castings which will be under the brush soon.

I also have a large number of DBA & DBR armies, 4 or 5 DBM, some HOTT, Vasmpire Wars, Dwarf Wars and a long term Peter Pig Pirates project. I suspect there are some which I've failed to mention too.
Also have a number of boardgames covering various periods.

Do drop me a line if you, or someone you know, game nearby.
Utimate aim - Kinross-shire club?
Jack
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jack » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:29 pm

You will be most welcome at SESWC for one of our Sunday get togethers.
We start at 12 noon till around 5 although it can go on later.
Most of the Sunday games are 28mm but there is always room for anyone to join in and toys to play with.
There are 2 clubs in the Dunfermline/Rosyth area IIRC.
Jack
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jack » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:21 pm

Unfortunately I have just been informed that the Jan meeting, tomorrow 4th, has been cancelled by the host club.
iaind

Post by iaind » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:55 pm

Many thanks for the information.
colbert
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by colbert » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:45 pm

Iaind,
You may want to look into Falkirk wargames club(Grangemouth) about 25min drive from Kinross.(Very good club)Monday nights & last sunday in month(day)
I moved from Milnathort a few years ago,there was nothing in the Kinross area.
Regards,
Ps, was there not a club in Perth :?:
thinredline
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thinredline » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:47 pm

I would consider both Kirriemuir and Angus to be outwith your normal mid week game reach (though KWC is a Friday evening) but I thought that Perth had a Club ! - maybe Steve Rimmer could point u in that direction.
Bob
"There is no retreat from here, men," Campbell told them as he rode down the line, "you must die where you stand."